3.8 VP

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
v6bucket

3.8 VP

Post by v6bucket »

I've just picked up a VP 3.8 auto for my son, we've fitted a 2.5" cat back exhaust & modded the bell mouth. The eom chip is a BAAM, is it worth fitting another chip or should we stick with the original? Just trying to get the best out of it without making it a pig.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
delcowizzid

Re: 3.8 VP

Post by delcowizzid »

baam is what i use as my base tune for vp tunes shes a pretty good stock tune few tweaks and they go noticibly better
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

Thanks delcowizzid. Can you elaborate a little on the tweaks please?
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
Dec_head
cars: VR Calais

Post by Dec_head »

I sent you one in a pm you can try out might help you see what areas to work on anyway when comparing
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

Thanks Dec_head
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

Dec_head is that bin opened with a $5D xdf? Just checking a few things out & the rev limiter is set at a very low number, everything else appears ok.
Dec_head

Post by Dec_head »

never opened it up to look a mate bought it off feebay and instead of soldering it in i just read it and put it onto his memcal for him
I just had a quick look to me it appears to line up but i am no expert.
Funny thing is in hex editor it has PXwechip blah blah yet was sold some stage 3 extreme BXllSXIT so who knows my mate reckons it made an improvement over the stock tune but it was for 98 octane fuel apparently maximum advance or some dribble.
Doctor Bob
cars: VN, VT

Post by Doctor Bob »

LOL thats what you get from the ebay "tuners"
i had a guy got one & couldnt fit the eprom, i read it off & its a tune i did for a guy 6 yrs ago.

oh well ya get that
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

most ebay ones are copies or bits cut out of copies ive seen ones with vn s1 spark map and vp ve map instant fail you need a tune for a vp and a different one for vn and most ebay sellers sell the same tune for both LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Dec_head

Post by Dec_head »

Yeah i think that one had vn vp extreme stage 3 on it