Bowser Electronics GM OBD2 Cable ?

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
User avatar
quadstar87
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:13 pm

Bowser Electronics GM OBD2 Cable ?

Post by quadstar87 »

I got one of these in a lot of other items and have none of the software that used to come with these.

Does anyone have a clue what the specs on them are or what it could be useful for? I'm guessing it supports VPW since they used to support GM enhanced data before a lot of other companies did. It doesn't seem to support ELM327 from when I tested it real quick.

Image
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Bowser Electronics GM OBD2 Cable ?

Post by antus »

Can you open it up get a high res pic of the circuit?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
quadstar87
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:13 pm

Re: Bowser Electronics GM OBD2 Cable ?

Post by quadstar87 »

I thought you may ask that!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Bowser Electronics GM OBD2 Cable ?

Post by The1 »

a little pic micro? 16f628a with max232 and voltage comparator setup, not sure what the chip is under the hot snot prob a led driver?
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Bowser Electronics GM OBD2 Cable ?

Post by Charlescrown »

Looks like an old OBD2 code reader. I would think any of the free software like scantool.net early version would likely work.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Bowser Electronics GM OBD2 Cable ?

Post by antus »

Heres the user manual, and the last update that was made available. Unfortunately the full install was 404 so I couldnt grab it.

You may be able to get the update working with some hackery.

Also a schematic in the OBD-ECU Kit Documentation.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
quadstar87
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:13 pm

Re: Bowser Electronics GM OBD2 Cable ?

Post by quadstar87 »

Thanks!

So it looks like mine is the older Non-Can model based on the serial #. I'll see if I can work through the pre-req's one-by one and get the .exe to run.
lilroud
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:19 am

Re: Bowser Electronics GM OBD2 Cable ?

Post by lilroud »

I know this is a really old thread, but, I got one of those off of ebay years ago. Yes, they went out of business about 5 or more years ago. I remember the web site and from what I remember it was almost like a "mom and pop" type site, I use to check their site every month or 2 months for new versions of software or eprom updates. I actually sent them $5 for an upgraded eprom just before they went out of business and popped it in (may still have the old eprom somewhere...) it supported the newer communications on some of the newer ecus at the time I do however have the original software saved on my hard drive iv transferred from computer to computer over the years. I figured i could upload it and help a few people out if they search for it. You will need a serial to usb Prolific type cable and driver for that cable to get it working. I could not find a driver for windows 10 or 8 for the cable I have last time i checked, I use Windows XP with no issues. You can scan codes, do dyno test, reset codes and look at the monitor status of different system monitors of the ecu, do a 1 second interval refresh rate and look at live time readings on all of the sensors and alot more stuff i may be forgetting. You will not find this software anywhere else, trust me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lilroud
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:19 am

Re: Bowser Electronics GM OBD2 Cable ?

Post by lilroud »

I actually found mine today and attached pictures of it. It’s different than the one you got on the inside.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.