Hi new user here and pretty much a noob to modifying any kind of pcm
Im currently building a Gemini for my 15yo son and we have decided to fit an ecotec from a VT, we have the conversion kit (mounts wiring etc) but didn't bother with the bcm simulator as I have been told that a memcal swap will deactivate VATS, now I opened the pcm to find a memcal with a sticker saying VT AUTO STAGE 4 and I'm hoping this memcal is non VATS ??
Any how while searching for options I was informed of the NVRAM, After a a bit of reading (minimal) I'm starting to think this would be the best option but I'm unsure of what I need to make it all work, I know I need the nvram board but what do I need to link it to a pc, I read that it plugs in via the obdII port but unfortunately we don't have this in the Gemini
Please help me understand lol
VT V6 into Gemini
-
ecomoo
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 1:34 am
- cars: 81 Mitsubishi Sigma EFI 351
83 Gemini ute 3.8 v6 (under construction)
2013 Focus ST - Location: Shoalhaven
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: VT V6 into Gemini
Have a look through the guides in the FAQ (near the top right of the screen). Probably the ebay tune will be junk, you'd be better off making your own tune.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
ecomoo
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 1:34 am
- cars: 81 Mitsubishi Sigma EFI 351
83 Gemini ute 3.8 v6 (under construction)
2013 Focus ST - Location: Shoalhaven
Re: VT V6 into Gemini
OK
The donor car did go pretty well, I think the memcal is from trx100

Basically I just need something to disable VATS (for now) though some flexibility would be nice
The donor car did go pretty well, I think the memcal is from trx100

Basically I just need something to disable VATS (for now) though some flexibility would be nice
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: VT V6 into Gemini
Possibly it is VATS off. You can wire in a OBD port if you wanted then run a NVRAM and get a USB interface and away you go!
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VT V6 into Gemini
ecomoo wrote:OK
The donor car did go pretty well, I think the memcal is from trx100
Basically I just need something to disable VATS (for now) though some flexibility would be nice
lol I'd bin that. That guy is dodgy as hell with his ebay tunes.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: VT V6 into Gemini
Stage 4, does that mean he's upped the rev limit to 9,000 rpm lol, I still remember the pics of that ecu he did that was full of silicone and other shit, I wouldn't trust him to tune my push bike
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: VT V6 into Gemini
I love this stage 4 expression. What a load of BS. Stage 4 what? I used to love asking my students when they said things like this. Just what does that mean? They had no idea and so do I.
This is going to be a weapon of a car for a 15 year old. Don't know if that's a sensible thing to give him.
This is going to be a weapon of a car for a 15 year old. Don't know if that's a sensible thing to give him.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VT V6 into Gemini
HQ355 wrote:Stage 4, does that mean he's upped the rev limit to 9,000 rpm lol, I still remember the pics of that ecu he did that was full of silicone and other shit, I wouldn't trust him to tune my push bike
pretty sure that means the sticker is stage 4. tune is probably stock or botched with vats turned off
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: VT V6 into Gemini
I've only dealt with one of his tunes once. It was a VT 5 litre stage 4. Reasonable tune nothing stupid done, no VE table to mess with probably helps. But id hatate to see stage 1 it was a pretty tame tune.
My version performed lots better power and economy.
My version performed lots better power and economy.
-
ecomoo
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 1:34 am
- cars: 81 Mitsubishi Sigma EFI 351
83 Gemini ute 3.8 v6 (under construction)
2013 Focus ST - Location: Shoalhaven
Re: VT V6 into Gemini
I might just stick with this memcal for now, I also have a feeling its vats off as the car it came from had its airbags deployed and I had to start it with a button, if not then i'll get one to suit
Yeah a modified v6 Gemini ute may not be the most practical car to give a young boy, that's why we're building it together so he learns how much work and $$$ goes into a car like this and hopefully develops a good level of respect for it, he's grown up around high powered modified cars/go karts so he has a good idea on how unpredictable they can be at times and knows that stupid behind the wheel = dead
Yeah a modified v6 Gemini ute may not be the most practical car to give a young boy, that's why we're building it together so he learns how much work and $$$ goes into a car like this and hopefully develops a good level of respect for it, he's grown up around high powered modified cars/go karts so he has a good idea on how unpredictable they can be at times and knows that stupid behind the wheel = dead