I booked a vt 5.0 ss auto in today for a chip upgrade and when i opened the ecm i found it had a chiptorque memcal already in it .The sticker on it says VT V8 CNPK A.HP2 .
I read it in the programmer and to me the spark advance table values seem to be quiet modest compared to what i run on my 5.0 lt.
Has somebody got a copy of the standard CNPK bin so i can compare the two and see what they have changed.Also does anyone know if i can put hsv 195 bin such as CNPF in this car without any mods ie inj size,and use this bin as starting point,and how do you calculate checksum [is there a special way like $11.]or should i just use AA.
As the chiptorque chip cant be reprogrammed by me ,as far as i can see there should be no probs erasing and reprogramming a VS memcal and using it in Vt ecu.
Im using xdf $A6C and seems to line up ok.Is there a later and more defined xdf available as when i compare CNPK with other $a6 bins there are a lot of undefined items that appear to have been changed.
Any help appreciated .
VT 5.0L (CNPK) Info
-
vn5000
- Posts: 551
- Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:11 am
- cars: vn v8 commodore
- Location: GOLD COAST QLD
-
yoda69
- Posts: 1226
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
- cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual - Location: Geelong, VIC
Re: VT 5.0L (CNPK) Info
VN5000, attached is a copy of CNPK.
I haven't done much more on the xdf for $A6 for a while will try and have bit of a look into it.
This is a $A6 Variant E from what I can see.
As far as checksum, I worked out recently that for the bins I checked so far are $2008-$1FFFF and stored at $2006/7, this is also the same with $A5.
For Variant E compared to Variant C there appears to be an offset of +2 bytes starting at $380F to $53B7, if you update the xdf with this should help.
yoda69
This is a $A6 Variant E from what I can see.
As far as checksum, I worked out recently that for the bins I checked so far are $2008-$1FFFF and stored at $2006/7, this is also the same with $A5.
For Variant E compared to Variant C there appears to be an offset of +2 bytes starting at $380F to $53B7, if you update the xdf with this should help.
yoda69
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: VT 5.0L (CNPK) Info
Thanks yoda69, have added a copy to the holden bin library.