I would like to convert about a dozen SP3 tunes I have done to TP5 (OSE 12P?) so I can use them in tunerpro.
1 of these is for my own vehicle the rest are for friends and customers who have kept their cars. I'd like to do this so I can park my SP3 gear in the museum but still be able to retain the more important work I have done with it.
Is there a script or something available to do this?
Convert my Kalmaker SP3 tunes to TP5 (OSE12P?)
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Convert my Kalmaker SP3 tunes to TP5 (OSE12P?)
Time consuming but not hard I've done it a few times. There's a SP3 XDF on here and a spreadsheet to expand the VE table to the 12P resolution.
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
Re: Convert my Kalmaker SP3 tunes to TP5 (OSE12P?)
What's involved in doing it?
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Convert my Kalmaker SP3 tunes to TP5 (OSE12P?)
use the diff tool in kal to identify changed items from stock. use tunerpro with the sp3 xdf to read the tune and record the data. Use the spread sheet to re-scale the VE and SPARK tables to 12P sizes. Use tunerpro with the 12p xdf to apply the changes. Both operating systems are based on factory, so kal items do appear in 12p. you need to use your head to figure out what goes where though, as both systems have their own naming conventions.
If you wanted to contribute to the forums you could create a list of 12p name <--> sp3 names and post it up. Even if its not complete and just the items you needed it will help others in the future.
If you wanted to contribute to the forums you could create a list of 12p name <--> sp3 names and post it up. Even if its not complete and just the items you needed it will help others in the future.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
Re: Convert my Kalmaker SP3 tunes to TP5 (OSE12P?)
I'll do what I can and start a new thread on it.
Cheers.
Cheers.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Convert my Kalmaker SP3 tunes to TP5 (OSE12P?)
The biggest difference from memory is the AE settings as Kal is VN code based it has different tables to 12P being VR based code. Watch out fir the charge temp table between VN and VR too.
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
Re: Convert my Kalmaker SP3 tunes to TP5 (OSE12P?)
This is good info, I knew the VN stuff had been converted over to VR but wasn't aware what the changes actually were. Thanks
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
Re: Convert my Kalmaker SP3 tunes to TP5 (OSE12P?)
There are a few spreadsheets on this site, I've downloaded 8 so far. What particular one am I looking for?antus wrote:Use the spread sheet to re-scale the VE and SPARK tables to 12P sizes.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Convert my Kalmaker SP3 tunes to TP5 (OSE12P?)
That is a good question. I wrote and used "sp3 to ose 12p VE 20-100.xls" which didnt support boost and had some rough averaging in it. It may have been lost since my car has been on 12p since 2009 now (and the tune ported to a private alpha test version of 12p v0.4!! I'll attach what I have to this post so you have something, but I reckon Holden202T has posted his version of the same thing and done a better job of it elsewhere on the site. If anyone can turn up a better link post it here and I'll create a more findable faq entry for next time this comes up. This one is only for VE but you would be wanting one that has the tables with the right resolution for spark too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
Re: Convert my Kalmaker SP3 tunes to TP5 (OSE12P?)
Thanks for that.
1 more question. I know The1 has enhanced versions of individual MAF tunes but I was wondering if the same thing could be done for MAF tunes as has been done for pre MAF tunes and have just 1 or 2 (like 11P and 12P) for all the MAF tunes?
1 more question. I know The1 has enhanced versions of individual MAF tunes but I was wondering if the same thing could be done for MAF tunes as has been done for pre MAF tunes and have just 1 or 2 (like 11P and 12P) for all the MAF tunes?