Hi all,
The idea is being tossed about at the moment about using L67 heads on a n/a ecotec. The primary idea is to use the injector location as an advantage in the L67 heads. (located in the port rather than the runner)
The bit Im unsure about is why did GM use port injection on L67 but not n/a?... I don't think cost is the issue here
Any thoughts?
Cheers, Gareth.
L67 vs N/A ecotec heads on n/a engine
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
L67 vs N/A ecotec heads on n/a engine
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: L67 vs N/A ecotec heads on n/a engine
cause the charger got in the way
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: L67 vs N/A ecotec heads on n/a engine
But why go to the expense of tooling up for two types of head?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: L67 vs N/A ecotec heads on n/a engine
I might also add that the other major reason for this idea is to allow a unrestricted intake design. A new ground up intake design I have been working on and the injector incorporation has been a limiting factor, they are just in the way and are even more in the way when the injector boss is recessed out of the runner space.
So the idea of L67 heads makes total sense and are the default configuration of the aluminium heads anyway.
So the idea of L67 heads makes total sense and are the default configuration of the aluminium heads anyway.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: L67 vs N/A ecotec heads on n/a engine
Biggvl wrote:But why go to the expense of tooling up for two types of head?
its only that they drill holes for most of the heads. Just FYI some period of the US made heads of the L36 has the injector bung cast in to the port just not finished off as they were for N/A engines. So that actually was the same casting used for both. Later ones they removed the pocket and I think that might of resulted in using 2 different castings again.