ls1 seed and key issue

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
User avatar
Antwon
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:14 am
cars: vx ss. 80 series daily, vk ls1 (project)
Location: arcadia vale nsw

ls1 seed and key issue

Post by Antwon »

I wasn't sure were this topic should be sorry if in wrong spot. ok the issue I'm having is with a tuner locked ls1 pcm the seed and key locations I know were they are and when I replace them with a gm one I go to read the pcm with hp tuners or efi live and I have to than enter the key that I replaced the locked one with ie old tuner locked key 6C 15 so when I replace that key in hex edit with say 57 03 and go to read the pcm with hp tuners it will sec time out and not load the key till I enter 57 03 in the custom key box I'm just wondering if anyone else has come past a way to change the seed and key to allow hp tuners or efi live to recognise the key and not have to enter the key manually ?.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: ls1 seed and key issue

Post by antus »

you've already asked this question and gotten the answer in another thread. Please dont spam the forums with the same questions. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=4754&p=67058#p67035
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396