304 vs sIII piston std
-
Dazza92VP
- Posts: 608
- Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
- cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
- Location: Perth
304 vs sIII piston std
Does anyone have a standard sizes piston for a 304 roller block when to put the Pistons back in after knocking off glazing and found that some dropped something on one and cracked a skirt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: 304 vs sIII piston std
There are different sized “stock” pistons. When I bought my block and pistons from Holden they had A B or C stamped on them to designate size. Where are you located ? Duggan balancing might be able to help you, if you get really stuck I’ve got 8 here I’d have to check condition though
-
Dazza92VP
- Posts: 608
- Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
- cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
- Location: Perth
Re: 304 vs sIII piston std
I'm in Perth I don't mind paying for postage. There wasn't anything stamped on the Pistons in regards to size but there is a b and c stamped on the block corresponding to bores I measured them all up though and we're all the same as far as I could tell. Piston measures at 101.59mm I think it was widest point
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: 304 vs sIII piston std
i have a full set i just pulled from a VT 5Ltr i plan to knock the pistons off the rods and turf them, so i can help if you have no luck, but they are used.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Dazza92VP
- Posts: 608
- Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
- cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
- Location: Perth
Re: 304 vs sIII piston std
Don't have an issue with them being used just so long as they're in ok condition
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: 304 vs sIII piston std
Grab the ones off 202, mine are still on the rods
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: 304 vs sIII piston std
lol so are mine 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: 304 vs sIII piston std
Pistons are cheap, I wouldn't even bother.
-
Dazza92VP
- Posts: 608
- Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
- cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
- Location: Perth
Re: 304 vs sIII piston std
I would get new ones but I've just stuck the cleaned up old ones back in. bores just needed a scuff up with the hone and they're all good went to put no 8 back in and it wouldn't even start in the bore so had a look at it and looks like some knocked it or dropped it and the conrod has hit the inside of the skirt cracked it and pushed it outward so bottom end is basically reassembled bar one piston and you can't buy new standard Pistons anymore I've called Holden and acl/nason and they don't even have stock or make them at all
-
Dazza92VP
- Posts: 608
- Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
- cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
- Location: Perth
Re: 304 vs sIII piston std
Thanks to Holden202t sorted out a couple of Pistons for me now just to scrap all the crap off and measure up hopefully should be ok then on to playing with the heads
Thanks all
Thanks all