vy v6 turbo knock
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
vy v6 turbo knock
when logging, I put the boot into it and get knock. its just after sudden tps increase. any help would be appreciated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: vy v6 turbo knock
Set PE activation tps % lower probably I'll look at the logs later and see what's going on
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: vy v6 turbo knock
Pe is set to around 40% tps
-
krusty
- Posts: 572
- Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 am
- cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid
- Location: Melbourne, VIC
Re: vy v6 turbo knock
May pay to double check turbo health too. I've seen heaps that lock up under spool when the core is a bit crappy
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: vy v6 turbo knock
doesnt look to bad bar the one spot with funny spikes .my na vx has more retard just from engine noise see attached pic LOL .those spikes could of been exhaust banging on the body or slight wheelspin .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: vy v6 turbo knock
Yeah she is a noisy engine. Stock 260+ thou on the clock with a lot of noise on start up. It seems to be driving fine for what it is. I backed out more timing and played with ae and she run like a pig down low. Plus I don’t have a wideband on it. Oh well time to go l67 pcm and larger fuel system and a trans that don’t slip. And some how talking the misses into thinking that building a v6 engine is a good idea. I’ve got the perfect plan. If I fix things on here clubby she won’t mind as much.