11P tuning, making changes (Issues)

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
lowace
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 10:22 am
cars: 1964 Eh holden and daily series 3 vs 5.0 ute

11P tuning, making changes (Issues)

Post by lowace »

Hi All
I have just received my new NVRAM from Antus and installed it in my 424 computer which is fitted to my vs ss, I have managed to successfully hook up to the car but every time I try to make a change in Tunerpro when emulating it faults with upload failed.
Now I think I have the correct XDF,ADX an Bin for what I'm trying to achieve, I found this in the 11p zip which included everything which I thought I needed.
I have read about the OSE flash tool as well, do I need to use this in conjunction with TP?
Any help with this would be great please, I have used TP5 in the past to tune my series 3 vs and didn't have this issue.

Look forward to the replies and thanks in advance.

Cheers Stu
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: 11P tuning, making changes (Issues)

Post by VL400 »

Check the jumper wire is installed in the PCM correctly and the RW jumper on the NVRAM board is linking the pins.
lowace
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 10:22 am
cars: 1964 Eh holden and daily series 3 vs 5.0 ute

Re: 11P tuning, making changes (Issues)

Post by lowace »

Thanks for the quick reply VL.
I double checked the jumper and wire which I installed and it all seemed fine, I did however have another 424 comp in the shed which I have just setup and installed and it seems to be fine, not sure what was wrong before maybe a solder joint or something silly.
Anyways appreciate the time taken to reply.
My next step is where to start with the tuning, Its a stock stroke 304 with 10.5.1 comp, mildish cam, edelbrock manifold and 1375cfm 4 barrel throttle body, also has ported heads ect.
It idles sort of ok but I just don't know what to adjust first and where to look for it in the tables.
Thanks in adavnce
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: 11P tuning, making changes (Issues)

Post by Gareth »

Check out the tuning guides in the FAQ (little green button) link :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...