Just a few videos from Alexandra
https://youtu.be/IcJhyxop-V0
https://youtu.be/YPxbOIKwCjk
https://youtu.be/lp8wTkslkFw
These are only iPhone spec.
2nd video, the sun was messing with me a bit
3rd video, the night was messing with me a lot, so theres a couple of blurred bits.
Big G chucking laps
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Big G chucking laps
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Big G chucking laps
Very nice. I see on the 2nd video its a bit of a struggle to control, not even putting the boot into it. You know, I thing we need more power 
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Big G chucking laps
That dude out the front in race ones got some power and handling that things humping around the track
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Big G chucking laps
I just realized why I can't near the car over all the others screaming. In the 1st video you can hear G is just taking it east around the track obviously as its just the first meeting on the new engine.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Big G chucking laps
delcowizzid wrote:That dude out the front in race ones got some power and handling that things humping around the track
I think that one is an LS? sounds uneven firing so it should be a v8
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Big G chucking laps
Yeah it was an v8 of some descript ; was very stiff in the front though as you could see it lifting up the inside wheel --> looked spectacular but not good for times.
I have a new found respect for WD40.
I have a new found respect for WD40.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Big G chucking laps
Was a great day, thanks again Psyolent for the help in the pits and video's
Was the first outing with the rebuilt chassis and new motor, changed suspension setup and wheel alignment specs. The goal was to test the new setup for the 100 lap derby that's on in a few weeks with out fucking up the car by getting tangled with others, so I was pretty cautious and managed to drive it onto the trailer after the final with only one new dint.
I haven't driven this car since August last year so it did take a few heats to get used to it again, the new motor worked great, thanks to Vlad for the help with design and simulation
Only issues we had all afternoon was a tyre that went flat after the first heat and some oil from the breathers getting onto the exhaust, both issues where fixed simply and quickly. The only changes made to the setup where a rear stagger change and a panard adjustment.
The final saw me qualify 6th of 17 and finish 4th, so I'm happy with that especially considering that all the other Commodores in the top ten where all LS and a couple of Barra power Falcons...
Was the first outing with the rebuilt chassis and new motor, changed suspension setup and wheel alignment specs. The goal was to test the new setup for the 100 lap derby that's on in a few weeks with out fucking up the car by getting tangled with others, so I was pretty cautious and managed to drive it onto the trailer after the final with only one new dint.
I haven't driven this car since August last year so it did take a few heats to get used to it again, the new motor worked great, thanks to Vlad for the help with design and simulation
Only issues we had all afternoon was a tyre that went flat after the first heat and some oil from the breathers getting onto the exhaust, both issues where fixed simply and quickly. The only changes made to the setup where a rear stagger change and a panard adjustment.
The final saw me qualify 6th of 17 and finish 4th, so I'm happy with that especially considering that all the other Commodores in the top ten where all LS and a couple of Barra power Falcons...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Big G chucking laps
dirty pushrod v6 ftw!
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Big G chucking laps
shit yeah
the dude who was next to G in the pits had some interesting thing on top of his ecotec plenum. instead of the usual box, it was something that had a hat for the throttle body to sit on top with a regular air filter. i've not seen anything like that before.
next outing i'll take my DSLR with zoom lense and do some better vids. stupid me, i only thought of it on the way home lastnight.
the dude who was next to G in the pits had some interesting thing on top of his ecotec plenum. instead of the usual box, it was something that had a hat for the throttle body to sit on top with a regular air filter. i've not seen anything like that before.
next outing i'll take my DSLR with zoom lense and do some better vids. stupid me, i only thought of it on the way home lastnight.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Big G chucking laps
I've seen quite a bit of speedway in my years, but I've never seen them turn right !! that's certainly something different!
So the big question is how much better does the new motor go ?
So the big question is how much better does the new motor go ?
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread