Unknown Plugs

Wiring diagrams and questions
User avatar
littlesprout
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 10:01 am

Unknown Plugs

Post by littlesprout »

Hi everyone

Found two unknown plugs in the engine bay either side of the rad in my VS Acclaim V6.

The drivers side plug has
violet wire with white trace and white wire with black trace

The passengers side plug has
violet wire with white trace and white wire with blue trace.

Any help identifying these or their likely use would be great!
passengers_side_01.jpg
passengers_side_02.jpg
drivers_side_01.jpg
drivers_side_02.jpg
drivers_side_03.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
L67PSI
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:27 am
cars: L67 VT Calais

Re: Unknown Plugs

Post by L67PSI »

Could be for fog lights?
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Unknown Plugs

Post by immortality »

I too say fog lights.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Unknown Plugs

Post by vlad01 »

Yep, that's what they are. Interestingly, not all of them had the plugs, only higher models did.
User avatar
littlesprout
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 10:01 am

Re: Unknown Plugs

Post by littlesprout »

Thanks guys!

I checked the wiring diagrams 100 times and completely missed the v/w wiring on the fog lights... whoops

very much appreciated :thumbup: