Jaycar Digital Speedo corrector

Wiring diagrams and questions
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Jaycar Digital Speedo corrector

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I purchased 1 of the Jaycar Digital speedo correctors to use on my 2005 Yamaha YZF-R6 6 or so months ago & finally got to wiring it up & the speedo sensor itself is driven with earth, 5v & the signal so I just patched into it direct.

But the problem I have is the LED doesn't even come on with jaycar device but testing with multimetre on the PCB of jaycar device it self shows it has 5v.

I have the input voltage set for 5v with LK1 jumper, but I did try LK2 for 8V2 just to test but still nothing.
I tried it with the LK3 Pull Up Output, the LK4 Pull Down Output & the LK5 AC Output & even with none of them having jumpers but still not even the LED is coming on with jaycar device?

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas why it may not work on motorcycle or if it can be modified?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Jaycar Digital Speedo corrector

Post by immortality »

Seems to be a common problem with the new generation of speedo correctors from Jaycar.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Jaycar Digital Speedo corrector

Post by delcowizzid »

It's 12v try power the unit with 12v
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Jaycar Digital Speedo corrector

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I assumed the 5v LK1 jumper was to allow 5v supply but maybe not?

Anyway I tried hooking it up to 12v but still couldn't get the LED to flash like it says in the instructions at 1Khz, maybe the motorbike signal isn't compatible?
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: Jaycar Digital Speedo corrector

Post by Jayme »

only way I could get it running in a VR auto, connected into the square wave output from PCM > Dash was to put my own pullup resistor on the input side.... might be worth playing with that sort of thing?
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Jaycar Digital Speedo corrector

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Ahh cool thanks, I just sent a email to jaycar techstore & see what they say if they don't give me any good new I will look into that...thanks again!
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Jaycar Digital Speedo corrector

Post by delcowizzid »

The jumper ia for lower volt speed sender output i think not for actual volts of the unit
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem