gm 162221291

American Delco GM ECUs and PCMs, ALDL, OBD 1.5.
caprice94
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:30 pm
cars: Chevrolet Caprice 94 l99

gm 162221291

Post by caprice94 »

Hello everyone I'm here for the first time, I don't know much, so I'm sorry !) In General, I have an airbag module chevrolet caprice 96, the module memory has an error. Guys anyone know what is the chip responsible for memory , I want her desoldering and using the programmer !Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: gm 162221291

Post by antus »

I dont know the answer, but I think none of those chips are likely. The 65071 one looks too big, the delco and the 466 (delco) look too proprietry for flash, and the motorola has too many other components around it, looks more like ALDL comms. My guess therefore is that its the eeprom space embedded in the processor which is the large chip. If anyone has more of a clue please jump in...
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Tom H
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:38 pm
cars: LT1 Camaro
38 Chev Truck

Re: gm 162221291

Post by Tom H »

Hi,

I think antus has it right. I suspect that the processor is probably from the 'hc11 family. 68HC11A1 probably. You could find out with a few tests and perhaps re-program the CPU in place. I think the module may be called a DERM. That stands for something like deployment energy whatever. If I have all this correct, it sits on the ALDL and monitors info from abs and pcm.
If you want to try and figure it out (it is difficult and time consuming) start by finding the pinout for the module and trace the ALDL back to the processor.

-Tom