Hello all,
I was wanting to clone an E39 ECU so that I would have a spare for my car. I can pick up a used ECU from a manual (6speed) same year for cheap.
Is this possible to achieve. I searched but didn't find much on this specific ECU.
I have a few tools.
USBDMNT
KESS/KTAG
VCXNANO
HPT
I have a soldering station and hot air available as well. Hopefully this isn't too difficult.
I would like to learn more about how it all works is why I don't just go buy new and program or have it programmed by someone.
Thanks.
E39A 2014 Cadillac ATS
-
Hacktacular
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:38 pm
- cars: 2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0
-
Hacktacular
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:38 pm
- cars: 2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0
Re: E39A 2014 Cadillac ATS
Any input on this topic?
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: E39A 2014 Cadillac ATS
I do not know what processor is in that unit, however it might be compatible with the new tool (u-Link NT) from the same gent that does the USB BDM NT device ...
-Enjoy
-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
mattyjf01
- Posts: 96
- Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:41 am
Re: E39A 2014 Cadillac ATS
I/O Terminal
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: E39A 2014 Cadillac ATS
what sort of car is it? is it supported by kess/ktag or hpt? if so, that can probably do it, before you go down to chip level (well ktag is chip level)
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396