Possibly Damaged ECU

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
jmsmotorsport
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:55 am
cars: VY SV8, VP SENATOR 5000i, VW Tiguan

Possibly Damaged ECU

Post by jmsmotorsport »

Just wondering if anyone can help me, I had a stuff up and put the external WB2 into C8 instead of D8, engine runs fine but when logging through the ALDL the logger shows incorrect data and the wb2 display moves with the TPS in TunerPro and TPS shows 90% so something is up. Have I stuffed the ecu? And if so are All VR V8 ECUs the same as the VS V8 Manual?
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Possibly Damaged ECU

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

What ADX are you running & have you got a log saved from it, may just be incorrectly set.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Possibly Damaged ECU

Post by Charlescrown »

What bin file are you using? Have you tried disconnecting it altogether and seeing what happens?
jmsmotorsport
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:55 am
cars: VY SV8, VP SENATOR 5000i, VW Tiguan

Re: Possibly Damaged ECU

Post by jmsmotorsport »

All 12p So 12p Bin, XDF and ADX, disconnecting wb2 from laptop makes no changes to the logger doing strange things. Can confirm logger was all working fine before adding a external wb2, had it on dyno doing pulls and wanted to add wb2 so clean up the cruise and low load areas.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Possibly Damaged ECU

Post by vlad01 »

Is it a manual ECU?
jmsmotorsport
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:55 am
cars: VY SV8, VP SENATOR 5000i, VW Tiguan

Re: Possibly Damaged ECU

Post by jmsmotorsport »

Sure is hardest one to find.
User avatar
j_ds_au
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:21 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Possibly Damaged ECU

Post by j_ds_au »

jmsmotorsport wrote:Just wondering if anyone can help me, I had a stuff up and put the external WB2 into C8 instead of D8, engine runs fine but when logging through the ALDL the logger shows incorrect data and the wb2 display moves with the TPS in TunerPro and TPS shows 90% so something is up. Have I stuffed the ecu? And if so are All VR V8 ECUs the same as the VS V8 Manual?
If it's an '808 or equivalent, then C8 features a 1k2 pull-up resistor to battery voltage (thence a 100k series resistor). So the ECU input will be fine, but I don't know about the WB2.

Joe.
jmsmotorsport
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:55 am
cars: VY SV8, VP SENATOR 5000i, VW Tiguan

Re: Possibly Damaged ECU

Post by jmsmotorsport »

I also noticed in the adx one had a 0-5v input on b12 I tried this just to see if I could get a voltage reading with no luck but when testing the wb2 output there’s voltage in the wire. I couldn’t imagine inputting into this plug would have hurt anything either.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Possibly Damaged ECU

Post by antus »

also check for dtcs, if map sensor is bad and errored out it'll try to base fuel on tps and the wideband data might be real.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
jmsmotorsport
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:55 am
cars: VY SV8, VP SENATOR 5000i, VW Tiguan

Re: Possibly Damaged ECU

Post by jmsmotorsport »

Nah the wb2 reading moves with just reds on. Coolant temp is stuck at -40 and a bit of the other data has some odd reasons that moved with tps. Is there any way to upload a image from phone or an email I can send to?