Can anyone show me what a Volumetric Efficiency Compensation Resistor looks like?
Also explain what it does to the ecm?
According to the workshop manual I should have one.
VE Compensator
-
Nzer
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:20 pm
- cars: VL Walkinshaw
- Location: New Zealand
VE Compensator
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VE Compensator
Never heard or seen one of those before. Those inputs are normally for the wideband O2 and additional map sensor for baro pressure on 12P.
Looks to me like a factory bodge for what might be poor tuning.
Looks to me like a factory bodge for what might be poor tuning.
-
Nzer
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:20 pm
- cars: VL Walkinshaw
- Location: New Zealand
Re: VE Compensator
Thanks.vlad01 wrote:Never heard or seen one of those before. Those inputs are normally for the wideband O2 and additional map sensor for baro pressure on 12P.
Looks to me like a factory bodge for what might be poor tuning.
These answers are starting to point to the possible reasons I am having the issues I am.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VE Compensator
Im thinking its probably a way they roughly tuned each individual engine without having to make a custom tune for each one as back then realtime tuning and NVRAM was not something common place, if at all.
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: VE Compensator
Looks like a varistor that uses input from both TPS and coolant.Nzer wrote:Can anyone show me what a Volumetric Efficiency Compensation Resistor looks like?
Also explain what it does to the ecm?
Snip the 5v ref. and see what it does.
Holden's version of Polariser
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: VE Compensator
Looks like an old weatstone bridge circuit for what reason who knows.
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: VE Compensator
Or are you saying that you don't have one?Nzer wrote:According to the workshop manual I should have one.
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: VE Compensator
That reminds me of a tweak I used to do in a previous lifetime.
These things are all over the 'net, the link is but 1 example, there are variations.
If you had a few spare hours you could knock yourself out trying it?
Nothing to lose.
In fact, with the low and variable vacuum, you couldn't do worse
http://gojeep.willyshotrod.com/HowtoMAPsensor.htm
These things are all over the 'net, the link is but 1 example, there are variations.
If you had a few spare hours you could knock yourself out trying it?
Nothing to lose.
In fact, with the low and variable vacuum, you couldn't do worse
http://gojeep.willyshotrod.com/HowtoMAPsensor.htm
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: VE Compensator
Julian Edgar was a proponent of this 'budget' approach.
He wrote some very informative articles for car rags back in the day. Highly respected 'tweaker'.
He wrote some very informative articles for car rags back in the day. Highly respected 'tweaker'.
-
Nzer
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:20 pm
- cars: VL Walkinshaw
- Location: New Zealand
Re: VE Compensator
Nope I don’t have one as far as I know.'quipt4it wrote:Or are you saying that you don't have one?Nzer wrote:According to the workshop manual I should have one.