using 87c256
-
kelvin
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:24 am
- cars: Commodore
using 87c256
I have a VN computer with what I assume is a 87c128 eprom. The first memory location appears dead as it always reads as FB, no matter how long I cook it in the eraser, the rest of the buffer shows all FF's. I have a supply of 87c256's. Can I just swap it over and I believe I need to write the bin twice or double it up or something.
-
vn5000
- Posts: 551
- Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:11 am
- cars: vn v8 commodore
- Location: GOLD COAST QLD
Re: using 87c256
Its not 87 its 27c128
-
kelvin
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:24 am
- cars: Commodore
Re: using 87c256
Sorry, that's what happens when you start typing before engaging your brain.
-
vn5000
- Posts: 551
- Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:11 am
- cars: vn v8 commodore
- Location: GOLD COAST QLD
Re: using 87c256
Yeah just stack the bins 0000 -3fff 4000 - 7fff
-
kelvin
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:24 am
- cars: Commodore
Re: using 87c256
Thanks, I'll give it a go.
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: using 87c256
Or if your programmer supports it just load it once starting at 4000 - The ECU will never address the 0-3FFF area of the EPROM so its not required unless you want to have switchable maps.