Old computer value?

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Old computer value?

Post by immortality »

Hey guys,

In the garage I have 2 old Amiga 500 computers and a few associated bits and pieces to go with them. Anybody have an idea what value these may have? Surely these are collectors items now in the IT world?

Unfortunately I no longer have the original screens to go with them. Silly me threw them out a few years ago to make space in the garage (for other junk no less) :(
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Old computer value?

Post by vlad01 »

Fair bit probably, even computer hardware from 2010 and older is bringing good money now. Retro computers has a huge following now.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Old computer value?

Post by vlad01 »

At least on Aus ebay they are listing for around $650, but a fair bit less over seas.
BennVenn
Posts: 536
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:35 am
cars: R33 GTST, '60 Vw Bug, Express (4G63T), GW X200
Location: Windellama, NSW

Re: Old computer value?

Post by BennVenn »

a working 500 goes for around $200-250 with power supply. The monitor is where the value is in these, ~$300 for them easy. There's an aussie vintage computer buy/sell/swap on FB you can pop it on. Can post a link if you like