Wideband O2 sensor placement
-
kelvin
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:24 am
- cars: Commodore
Wideband O2 sensor placement
I've just ordered a wide band O2 sensor and controller from 14point7 and was thinking about placement. I would like it to be portable, so was going to stick it up the exhaust pipe with a clip and a couple of alligator clips for the battery. I think the sensor is a 5 wire (it hasn't tuned up yet) so should have a built in heater. Any problems with this.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Wideband O2 sensor placement
you need to make a pipe to go up the exhaust that the sensor will go into cant just have the sensor at the end of the exhaust look at the innovate exhaust clamp or serch on google theres a few DIY setups online
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
kelvin
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:24 am
- cars: Commodore
Re: Wideband O2 sensor placement
Thanks for that. I Googled your suggestion and read a few reviews. I might be biting off more than I can chew at this early stage. I'm using a VN computer (one O2 sensor) with an Ecotec so I'll just screw it into the other header and think about portability later.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Wideband O2 sensor placement
yeah i just take mine in and out its not exactly time consuming
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem