JAYCAR Speedo Corrector old model

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
vp304
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 am

JAYCAR Speedo Corrector old model

Post by vp304 »

Dug out these 2 jaycar speedo correctors i may have used in the past around 10 years ago on a vn v8 and vp v8
Now i am trying to get one of them to work on my vr v6 auto. After changing my diff to 3.9 ratio
I only have instructions for the smaller one which i think is the newer one

I have probed c12 speedo signal from pcm that goes to dash tho i cannot get speedo to work with either of the correctors ?

Does anyone have any tips or used any of them on their vr auto cars ?

I done some googling and found is a newer jaycar model speedo corrector that people say does not work also.
Cant find much on these older models as i think they are from around 2008 or so maybe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: JAYCAR Speedo Corrector old model

Post by immortality »

I thought I'd kept the instructions safely tucked away but I can't find them :(

I do remember though, after wiring it up you had to drive for a bit and wait for the box to pick up the signal (LED would start flashing) and then make the necessary adjustment using the dials. I can't remember what the jumper settings were but if it worked on your old VN/VP than I would assume it would work on your VR.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: JAYCAR Speedo Corrector old model

Post by immortality »

Maybe you need to pull the jumper and drive a short distance and then replace the jumper on the board. Sorry, Just don't remember the full instructions.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: JAYCAR Speedo Corrector old model

Post by Charlescrown »

Ring Jaycar. I have found them very helpful in the past.
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: JAYCAR Speedo Corrector old model

Post by 'quipt4it »

I used a 'calibration box' years ago. Not from Jaycar (No.1 for kits lol), but it played havoc with my auto shifts.
I re-worked the trigger wheel for a much better result :D
vp304
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 am

Re: JAYCAR Speedo Corrector old model

Post by vp304 »

Thanks guys might try give jaycar a call or email

immortality i had it working on vn and vp with t700 but last time i used them was on a vp with t56 and i had dramas so the jumpers could be anywere all over the place .
Plus today in frustration i had the car running up on the jack with both and was swapping jumpers around on both and could not get any kind of speed up on my dash cluster :(
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: JAYCAR Speedo Corrector old model

Post by delcowizzid »

What's the project kit number on the board the instructions will be online
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vp304
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 am

Re: JAYCAR Speedo Corrector old model

Post by vp304 »

I got the model no and tried to google it but the jaycar page come up and said discontinued item and no link or pdf install manual was there
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vp304
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 am

Re: JAYCAR Speedo Corrector old model

Post by vp304 »

Maybe in luck if i get time tomorow may try this. Found on another forum from 2007. If works will let you guys know for anyone else that digs one up like me and wants to use it again

Calibration time. This is all in the instructions, but I'll post it up anyway as theres a few hints along the way.
1) make sure all your connections are in place (I forgot the plug on the gearbox as I had removed it earlier - I got to step 5 before I relised :roll: )
2) Set S1 switch to 2
3) Set S2 to A
4) Install LK2
5) Go for a quick drive - the speedo will not work as the corrector is now working out what type signal its getting
6) Once the speedo has set itself the led will start to flash.
7) Set S2 to 0
8) Set S1 to 0
9) Install LK3 - you shouldnt have to goto LK4 or LK5 - Go for a drive to make sure the speedo works (if not change to LK4 or 5, but that shouldnt be needed)
10) To slow the speedo down all you do now is set S1 and S2 to the required correction percentage. S1 will set in 1% increments where as S2 will add 10% increments. It is possible to change the speedo by up to 99%.
11) However I wanted to slow the speedo down so with the power to the corrector box on set S2 to F and wait for the LED to flash twice. Then set S2 back to the required position (0 for me)
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: JAYCAR Speedo Corrector old model

Post by immortality »

That does sound very familiar, sounds like you're on the right track.