Hi guys,
I'm looking at getting a rivgun. Any recommendations (good and bad), what to get/what to avoid.
I'm probably after the smaller version like a pop rivet gun so it can be used in confined spaces.
Tool recommendations
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
-
ejukated
- Posts: 426
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am
Re: Tool recommendations
i have an ebay one which works well, i also have used a Wurth one - it feels nicer to use but the ebay one is fine in terms of value and some small tweaks
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Tool recommendations
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/37351669095 ... SwO8JgX-sd
I have that one, I've used it several hundred times no issues. The Kincrome one went in the bin pretty soon after purchase...
I have that one, I've used it several hundred times no issues. The Kincrome one went in the bin pretty soon after purchase...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Tool recommendations
Shame they don't ship to NZ.
-
Chuff
- Posts: 269
- Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 am
- Location: Melbourne
Re: Tool recommendations
Hey Gareth,Gareth wrote:https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/37351669095 ... SwO8JgX-sd
I have that one, I've used it several hundred times no issues. The Kincrome one went in the bin pretty soon after purchase...
The eBay add shows 3 different types. Is it the 430 piece kit that you bought?
Thanks.
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Tool recommendations
Sure was
I bought stainless rivnuts to use on the race car (elsewhere on ebay), they are somewhat harder to install (require more force to install) but that tool hasn't missed a beat and isn't showing any signs of wear.
I bought stainless rivnuts to use on the race car (elsewhere on ebay), they are somewhat harder to install (require more force to install) but that tool hasn't missed a beat and isn't showing any signs of wear.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Tool recommendations
i got a similar type to Gareths, works awesome!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread