Delco 16176424

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
GH1176
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am
cars: 1974 Holden Torana LH SL

Delco 16176424

Post by GH1176 »

I have been given a delco 424, which states it’s for a V8 auto.
I was planning on using a 808, I aleady have the nvram to suit a 808 would the 424 still be useable with the engine loom from a VN-VP because i’m not using the factory tune?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Delco 16176424

Post by vlad01 »

I think you can use the NVRAM but will need to remove the chip and program it with 11P before you can use it, you can't use a VN or VP loom and must get a VR loom as the wiring is completely different for the 424.
GH1176
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am
cars: 1974 Holden Torana LH SL

Re: Delco 16176424

Post by GH1176 »

vlad01 wrote:I think you can use the NVRAM but will need to remove the chip and program it with 11P before you can use it, you can't use a VN or VP loom and must get a VR loom as the wiring is completely different for the 424.
Thanks mate.
Think I just wont use it and just go with the 808.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Delco 16176424

Post by vlad01 »

Yeah 808 is the way to go if you are using TH700 or manual, 424 is quite capable and has some better features but is a pain to setup in the aforementioned applications.

I have a number of 424s too but never use them for this reason and opt for 082 or 305 where I can so I can use the same ALDL cable on all cars and not use the USB comms.