2005 Ford F-150 5.4L 3-valve bin maps (Black Oak)

Ford information and tools can be found here
darkman5001
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:15 pm
cars: 2005 Yukon, 2004 Suburban, 2001 Tahoe, 2002 Envoy, 2006 Envoy, 2003 Lincoln LS
Location: New Jersey, USA

2005 Ford F-150 5.4L 3-valve bin maps (Black Oak)

Post by darkman5001 »

Good morning to all. Would anyone happen to have the engine calibration, diagnostics and DTC maps for a 5.4L 3-valve using the Black Oak P221 PCM? I already have dumped the bin from 3 identical PCMs now I want to run it through a tuner such as Universal Patcher to try and edit some things such as VVT Delete and some other things. Thank you in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kur4o
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am

Re: 2005 Ford F-150 5.4L 3-valve bin maps (Black Oak)

Post by kur4o »

I looked at the files but are too different to figure any checksum pattern. Are they dumped from chips, or some tools is used.
The processor looks like ppc, but some picture might help figuring the pcm family.
darkman5001
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:15 pm
cars: 2005 Yukon, 2004 Suburban, 2001 Tahoe, 2002 Envoy, 2006 Envoy, 2003 Lincoln LS
Location: New Jersey, USA

Re: 2005 Ford F-150 5.4L 3-valve bin maps (Black Oak)

Post by darkman5001 »

kur4o wrote:I looked at the files but are too different to figure any checksum pattern. Are they dumped from chips, or some tools is used.
The processor looks like ppc, but some picture might help figuring the pcm family.
Actually, I used this to pull the flash. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7722

As far as I know yes it does have a PowerPC cpu. The PCM is a P221 made by Motorola.
kur4o
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am

Re: 2005 Ford F-150 5.4L 3-valve bin maps (Black Oak)

Post by kur4o »

That is really interesting. I will test the other bins posted for some patterns. I checked the pcm on ebay and looks very similar to dodge ngc3 motorola unit. I am sure they share some similarities. Too bad I never figured that ngc3 checksum algorithm.