Ford binary on a Delco 808

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
User avatar
Vaxx
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:29 am
cars: 1985 L60 Diahatsu Handivan running Ecotech and 5 speed
2002 Custom Hilux running 302w and manualised BTR with vn ecu
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland

Ford binary on a Delco 808

Post by Vaxx »

OK, with my frankenstiened AU 5.0l running an EL dizzy with sensor and delco from an VN. 2 pairs of BMW 1200 throttle bodies from bike on a custom manifold backed up by a fully manulised btr auto

Runs ok, but with the engine differences the VN ASBX memcal.

I'm trying to chance the timing specs to suit the ford. Hopefully I'm going the right direction with the mods I have made in Tunerpro.

I started with OSE $12P V112 BLCF V8 and have modded the timing differences in the scalars.
Do I have to modify the tables for the spark vs map to suit or are the tables for the ecu to use a base when needed?

I've attached the modded file for help hopefully . Would like to see thing thing running well with 8 individual throttle bodies :)

Cheers, Geoff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Ford binary on a Delco 808

Post by Dylan »

We need pics of this Frankenstein it sounds wicked
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Ford binary on a Delco 808

Post by Gareth »

second that :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
Vaxx
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:29 am
cars: 1985 L60 Diahatsu Handivan running Ecotech and 5 speed
2002 Custom Hilux running 302w and manualised BTR with vn ecu
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland

Re: Ford binary on a Delco 808

Post by Vaxx »

i do have the build pics on instagram :) https://www.instagram.com/vaxx70/

Have'nt posted since I've been driving it, to busy with trying to get this thing right now
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Vaxx
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:29 am
cars: 1985 L60 Diahatsu Handivan running Ecotech and 5 speed
2002 Custom Hilux running 302w and manualised BTR with vn ecu
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland

Re: Ford binary on a Delco 808

Post by Vaxx »

i'll have to take a few new pics, got a bit of battle damage, and I have the stepside rear almost done apart from getting stoved in the arse the other day. Good thing I hadn't done much on the back and he ate the towbar :D
User avatar
Vaxx
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:29 am
cars: 1985 L60 Diahatsu Handivan running Ecotech and 5 speed
2002 Custom Hilux running 302w and manualised BTR with vn ecu
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland

Re: Ford binary on a Delco 808

Post by Vaxx »

OK, been playing with 12p code to get a good tune on this thing. Starting to get a handle on everything.

New eproms finally got here and have tried a few bin's.

Attached are what I'm working with. Only issue I have been having is when it's cold, runs like a bag of shit until it's up to temp, then fairly grunty if a tad thursty. 3.7 rear end doesnt help with 235/35/18 rears :wall:
still haven't got the tacho back in after gutting it and installing a shift light tacho I have into the case to keep it all matching.

If anyone has any suggestions I'm happy to take it on board.

So far no pinging yet so could push the advance up , but yet to redo the accelerator linkage to get more than 60% throttle :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Vaxx
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:29 am
cars: 1985 L60 Diahatsu Handivan running Ecotech and 5 speed
2002 Custom Hilux running 302w and manualised BTR with vn ecu
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland

Re: Ford binary on a Delco 808

Post by Vaxx »

Have ended up leaning out the cooler areas to help stop fouling the plugs initially.

Ran it today with no issues, nice and docile with plenty of go when wanted. I do have an issue with spark at high rpms, but thinking the caps my problem there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
charlay86
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:00 am
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Ford binary on a Delco 808

Post by charlay86 »

Do you have a wideband lambda setup?
We can help a lot more with some log files :)
I have a feeling you will need some work in the AE department with that intake setup.