Hi all, I’m new to this forum, so bear with me, as this forum is totally new to me…
My question is, when I had my VS , I cut the wire to the fuel injection from the computer on the passengers side,
then a connected a hidden push switch to turn the power on/off to the fuel injection … was alway paranoid my car would become someone’s midnight spares, no power to the injection , they can’t start the car…
I now have a VT SS series 1 and would like to do the same, as a extra safety precaution, I’ve gone thru the Haynes manual and couldnt see any wiring diagram for the fuel injection..
Where do I splice the wire , the pcm or bcm and which coloured wire for is the fuel injection.. then I can add my push button switch , to power on /off just to the fuel injection…
Much appreciate the help if someone could steer me in the right direction please..
VT 5litre bdm/pcm fuel injection wire..
-
Rivers
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:26 am
- cars: Vt SS
VP clubsport
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10015
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: VT 5litre bdm/pcm fuel injection wire..
You should be able to come up with something from one of the wiring diagrams in the wiring area here: viewforum.php?f=32
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Rivers
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:26 am
- cars: Vt SS
VP clubsport
Re: VT 5litre bdm/pcm fuel injection wire..
Thank you.. I will have a study and go from there…..
-
Rivers
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:26 am
- cars: Vt SS
VP clubsport
Re: VT 5litre bdm/pcm fuel injection wire..
Hi all, I could use a little more advise please, nothing worse when your 100% certain that something will work but doesn’t,
Ok , I pulled half the dash aaprt to fit my switch, and I connect the b12 wire for the fuel injection , started the car up, pushed the switch And car still ran, so I thought maybe the switch is fault, disconnect the wire completely and car still ran..
So I tried with the a8/b8 wire, and the same thing happened,
( I worked when I had my VS , as it use to cut the engine straight away )
Could someone steer me in the right direction with what wire on the pcm would kill the car from starting…
Ok , I pulled half the dash aaprt to fit my switch, and I connect the b12 wire for the fuel injection , started the car up, pushed the switch And car still ran, so I thought maybe the switch is fault, disconnect the wire completely and car still ran..
So I tried with the a8/b8 wire, and the same thing happened,
( I worked when I had my VS , as it use to cut the engine straight away )
Could someone steer me in the right direction with what wire on the pcm would kill the car from starting…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Rivers
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:26 am
- cars: Vt SS
VP clubsport
Re: VT 5litre bdm/pcm fuel injection wire..
All good, I tried once more, and I’ve got it to kill the ignition..
Car won’t start now when on, and even when the car is running , I hit the switch and it dies instantly ..
Happy now, just any security measure that the car can’t be unlawfully started …
Car won’t start now when on, and even when the car is running , I hit the switch and it dies instantly ..
Happy now, just any security measure that the car can’t be unlawfully started …
-
In-Tech
- Posts: 785
- Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:35 am
- Location: California
Re: VT 5litre bdm/pcm fuel injection wire..
Hiya, what was the final wiring solution?
-
Rivers
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:26 am
- cars: Vt SS
VP clubsport
Re: VT 5litre bdm/pcm fuel injection wire..
Hi, would you believe the it was the pink A4 ignition wire that done the trick…
It was Doing my head in, so I thought I’d give it another go..
It reads p/b but mine was just pink… I’m happy it works, no way of starting the car while that switch is turned off.
Just Funny how the others didn’t do a thing …
It was Doing my head in, so I thought I’d give it another go..
It reads p/b but mine was just pink… I’m happy it works, no way of starting the car while that switch is turned off.
Just Funny how the others didn’t do a thing …
-
hsv08
- Posts: 564
- Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 8:50 am
- cars: Just an ordinary VY Maloo.. 😜
Re: VT 5litre bdm/pcm fuel injection wire..
B12 is just the injector voltage monitor wire. We normally would use that for wideband input, I can't recall off the top of my head what A8/B8 are feed an ignition circuit for.Rivers wrote:Hi, would you believe the it was the pink A4 ignition wire that done the trick…
It was Doing my head in, so I thought I’d give it another go..
It reads p/b but mine was just pink… I’m happy it works, no way of starting the car while that switch is turned off.
Just Funny how the others didn’t do a thing …
When I do my immobilizer setups or GPS tracking systems it's normally tapped into the ecu ignition feed or the fuel pump relay signal circuit for a slower shutoff.
-
Rivers
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:26 am
- cars: Vt SS
VP clubsport
Re: VT 5litre bdm/pcm fuel injection wire..
Yes, that’s the next thing. I do have the gps tracker with the fuel cut off, so that the next install,
But I will incorporate the wiring and the relay into a spare slot on the actual fuse rail so it will look normal and not out of place
As I did ask when I do connect the tracker up, could I use that fuel cut off function while the car was stationery ..
and i was advised not to.. ., hence why the extra cut.off switch.. every bit helps to make it harder to steal…as my car isn’t a daily
But I will incorporate the wiring and the relay into a spare slot on the actual fuse rail so it will look normal and not out of place
As I did ask when I do connect the tracker up, could I use that fuel cut off function while the car was stationery ..
and i was advised not to.. ., hence why the extra cut.off switch.. every bit helps to make it harder to steal…as my car isn’t a daily