When holding the rpm medium to high range on light load for a while, eg, stuck behind slow drivers in 1st or 2nd waiting for the overtaking lane to come up. 1/2 to WOT I get a heap of knock for a few sec and it goes away and doesn't re-occur until I sit in the same high rpm light load for a while (30 sec or more).
The coolant temp vs map offset has it's values but it does not reach the offset populated cells as the coolant temp actually doesn't go up in this condition and often drops down to the thermostat's min. So I speculate that a higher rpm and light load has some intake reversion and the intake charge temp skyrockets. So this table sounds ideal for retarding the timing in this condition specifically.
Btw, this only happens in close to and above 30c days. And once the knock has cleared it won't happen again until the above mentioned pre-condition that leads to it is met.
98 RON also negates nearly all of it but no one can afford that for daily driving. E10 and 91 both have no issues at MBT except in this condition. So I am 99% sure it's a intake charge temp issue.
I'm going to have to log it somehow but it will be a pain to get the condition given the place and traffic it occurs without fail doesn't allow me to start or stop logging an hour either end.