1984 Corvette info

Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

1984 Corvette info

Post by Charlescrown »

OMG my son has bought a 1984 Corvette and I know where we are going to end up. Is there a site I can go to to get a bin file and xdf?
MudDuck514
Posts: 402
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:30 pm
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E
Location: North TX, USA

Re: 1984 Corvette info

Post by MudDuck514 »

GearheadEFI MAY have something for it.
I THINK Moates HAD something (before they closed up)
TunerPro, maybe?

Mike

More details about the car may help, i.e. BCC and PCM - I may even have one that I got from one of those 3.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10012
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: 1984 Corvette info

Post by antus »

There is a big collection of XDFs for US operating systems here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=51&p=373#p279 I cant tell you which one from the year though.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
In-Tech
Posts: 785
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:35 am
Location: California

Re: 1984 Corvette info

Post by In-Tech »

The 1984 was all by itself and I think it used a prom and not an eprom from the factory. Let us know if you find anything including prom files :) From memory, quite a few guys converted them to a '7747 ecm. I'm not sure if the dash stuff worked though :(
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: 1984 Corvette info

Post by Charlescrown »

Thanks for the info guys. I'll probably see the car this weekend so I'll find out just what ECU it has and then do some searching. Tunerpro dosn't list the Corvette but a confusing (to me) list of GM vehicles.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10012
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: 1984 Corvette info

Post by antus »

I think its service number 1226026 for auto from https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/166079475463
It has a pluggable chip in it, looks like its a year before they started putting memcals in them.

Then service number 1226430 for manual. From https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/225491289485

I believe they are called the C3 ECM. They are the generation before our P4 PCM like the 808 with the memcal. You can see the edge connector they used for development tools is accessible from the outside of the case where as its inside the case behind the lid on the P4.

I believe technically its similar to a P4, just a smaller prom and less advanced software (of course, with everything being an evolution).

There is this EBL Lockers hardware and software, similar but different to our nvrams. I see that being sold for '84 corvette online, but its expensive and on their actual site the don't list the corvette as being supported. https://www.zip-corvette.com/82-84-tbi- ... e-ecm.html http://www.dynamicefi.com/EBL_Flash.php
Maybe it was the EBL version 1, and is NLA? Not sure. Researching C3 ECMs should be a good start.

I found a couple of bins for both of these ECMs in my collection, also attached. I think OSID might be at $4 so OSID $D8 and $B8.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396