$12P BLCD V6

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
ToyHicko
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 9:51 am
cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car
Location: Coffs Harbour, Australia

$12P BLCD V6

Post by ToyHicko »

Started to play arouund with the tune in the commodore again today and notice the engine ran rougher with the BLCD cal that in the $12P package then the BAAM i made up for mate VP. So I done some digging as the Engine i am currently running is the VR auto (has the cam sensor) i was commpareing the tables of a BLCD and BPLY (manual vs auto) there is a fair difference in the VE table and spark tables and the injector displacement BLCD is 0.13 the BPLY is 0.04 which should i use? Does anyone know is the engine were the same spec? I'm aware they are diferent ecu and $11 is running the Auto as well.Is it worth doing a program from the BPLY to $12P (beginner turner) for a starting point or just try to modify the $12P BLCD Cal to suit.

I also think the O2 sensor id dead as there is 0 cross over appearing on the data log. could this make the engine run rough?

Cheer
Jason
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: $12P BLCD V6

Post by VL400 »

The inj displacement is 0.13 in both and the VE looks pretty similar from what i can see? What XDF are you using??

Have you tried a standard VR bin to compare to, try the BLCD bin with VATS off and see how it goes - the VSS constant needs to be changed if your going to drive otherwise the speed cut will happen at like 50kph.
ToyHicko
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 9:51 am
cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car
Location: Coffs Harbour, Australia

Re: $12P BLCD V6

Post by ToyHicko »

I tried both the xdf files for the $11 "$11-VR-424" and "$11 Verson 3"in the XDF thread in the Holden ecu area. I had already modified the VSS value from 6250 to the VN's value of 1250. As for the VATS I'll have a lot to make sure it's disabled but the would the engine have started if it was on?

Just found a $11 xdf file here https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=634 that wasn't in the xdf section that confirms what you were saying VL400 was saying about the injector displacement :oops:

Cheers
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: $12P BLCD V6

Post by VL400 »

Yeah thats the better of the XDFs as its totally complete, its in the XDF section at the top of the $11 list under recommended.

If VATS was on it wont start without a VR BCM and valid key so sounds like you have disabled it - 12P is off by default in all supplied cals as most people are not using it on a VR or VS. Have you tried a stock holden BLCD bin instead of the 12P BLCD? Should then be able to confirm if its a 12P cal issue.
ToyHicko
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 9:51 am
cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car
Location: Coffs Harbour, Australia

Re: $12P BLCD V6

Post by ToyHicko »

Ok I'll give the factory tune a try. But first I'm just running through all the table and matching the up to the factory tables with the $12P Cal there a a few differences I've found so far not many but hope enough to make it run smoother. The bigges problem is idle and the VE and spark are different in the area as well as the IAC table. Fingers crossed thats all it is.

Is there anyone else running the BLCD cal for $12P V1.10. If so is your engine idle smooth with a slight hesitation?

I'm also not ruling out the engine as it is second hand from a wrecker and the second one from the wrecker but I'm hoping not :roll:

I'll let you know the out come.

Cheers
ToyHicko
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 9:51 am
cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car
Location: Coffs Harbour, Australia

Re: $12P BLCD V6

Post by ToyHicko »

Ok results
With the modified cal file to be closer to the BPLY data the engine ran a little smoother and seem to start easier. Attached is a log of a run down to the servo for fuel and back and the cal file i was using.

To me the O2 sensor is dead looking at this log your opinions? And if so would this make the car use more or less fuel as I'm not to sure which was the BLM works.

Cheers
Jason
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ToyHicko
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 9:51 am
cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car
Location: Coffs Harbour, Australia

Re: $12P BLCD V6

Post by ToyHicko »

Well finally modifiyed a memcal for the vn, till now just been running the NVRAM. Loaded the factory BLCD bin onto the chip won't start :comp: then i remember about the VATS :oops: found the bit disabled it and changed then diables checksum and she start first time. Idle better and general ran better I haven't done a Log of the Factory chip to compare to the $12P yet But there must be something diiferent in the Cal. I'll keep looking to see if can find something.

Still running the same O2 still not sure if thats an issue or not I has just 100,100 I know they are only good for 70,000 but there are car out there with over 300,000 still factory O2 sensors.

Cheers
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: $12P BLCD V6

Post by VL400 »

Yeah if you can do some comparing that would be good, I dont think the BLCD cal has had much test time so theres a good chance of differences.
ToyHicko
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 9:51 am
cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car
Location: Coffs Harbour, Australia

Re: $12P BLCD V6

Post by ToyHicko »

What is the best XDF file to use? Currently using version 2d for this forum.

I'll let you know if i discover anything and post the cal up when i get it working. only thing is the cal will be set up for a VN loom so VSS will be different ect.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: $12P BLCD V6

Post by VL400 »

Thats prob the best $12 XDF at the moment. Its easy to fix a couple of items once the cal is good :thumbup: