Kalmaker help needed

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
vp304
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 am

Kalmaker help needed

Post by vp304 »

A friend of mine has a vr commodore auto with a kalmaker tune that they would like to have a look at. I have only dibbled on 11p and 12p on 2 of my cars and another friends car.
I have read these kalmaker tunes have some kinda security lock on then. So today i took his kalmaker board removed eprom and stuck it into my reader and read it as a 27c512.

I can see some data come up on the screen and saved the bin.
I downloaded all the kalmaker xdf's on here and tried them all but all the data looks jumbled.
Is anyone on here able to help me out?
Thanks
White patch on memcal is my ms paint edit as it has car number plate on it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Kalmaker help needed

Post by Dylan »

I read them via ALDL with flash tool.
Kalmaker has protection on board.
vp304
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 am

Re: Kalmaker help needed

Post by vp304 »

I download the1's id tool then and it says the bin is a Kalmaker w20 $11 VR if thats of any help
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Kalmaker help needed

Post by antus »

You'll need an XDF, most the kalmaker operating systems dont have XDFs though, so you have to use kalmaker itself to tune it.

The protection doesn't affect the reading or writing of the chip, but its done in such a way that the chip hanging off the side needs to be there for the security to pass to get more than a couple of seconds of injection, essentially security fail looks like vats fail.

If you want to post the bin I can see if my old pentium 1 laptop still works and if I can dump the settings out to a text file so you can see they are, and port any of it in to 11P. You can put 11P on that carrier, and it'll work with or without the security chip.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vp304
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 am

Re: Kalmaker help needed

Post by vp304 »

Thanks again antus for the help mate