Mafless setup with pcm hammer

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Wiggles93
cars: Vy S pac manual daily
H25a vitara project
Bedford truck rated project

Mafless setup with pcm hammer

Post by Wiggles93 »

Hey guys been playing around on pcm hammer with my ls1 adventura, got it runni much better fueling is on point now and changed a bit in the trans setup but haven't quite figured out how to setup to go mafless though, has anyone had any luck/how has it been done so far? Any input would be greatly appreciated
Shhh, it hasn't broken yet
MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Re: Mafless setup with pcm hammer

Post by MudDuck514 »

Just a quick question, but what is the reason to go mafless on an NA motor?
Easier to tune?

Mike
Wiggles93
cars: Vy S pac manual daily
H25a vitara project
Bedford truck rated project

Post by Wiggles93 »

On a stock motor their isn't really any reason not to run one, helps if you want to run an otr intake or tight spaces in an engine conversion
Shhh, it hasn't broken yet
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

When I did my tuning course they said that the ls1 MAF is a narrower pipe than the rest of the intake and its a physical airflow restriction. So while its not a technical problem (in fact, maf and map is technically a little more capable) you can go mafless and pick up a few KW. But they said the same was not true on VE models onward (ls2?) as it was a physically bigger MAF fitted that flowed a bit more.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
cmaje72

Post by cmaje72 »

Take a look at this video. Its for HP Tuners but you should be able to do everything in the open source tools. Just follow the part about failing the MAF sensor and setting the proper DTC's.
We usually run speed density on our jeeps...one less sensor to fail when you fill the intake full of water...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAQhoETdsRg&t=1175s