sorry if this is the wrong sub, but I'm looking for a tool that could find pids. does something like gust exist? I see youtube of guys using a Raspberry Pi to sort them out for tesla swaps. but nothing for gm stuff.
I was hopping I could hook up my tech 2, pull up the data I want to see and then use something to record what it's sending out to get that data. then I could add that to other more easily used on a daily basis apps.
like I have the high side ac pressure pid readily available, but the low side is under the hvac module data. be handy to have easy access to it. same with the rear shock module, I can display the air bag psi with the tech 2 and even my little top din dongle, bit if like to find that pid add it to other apps. it's handy when loading trailer for tongue weight.
I don't mind buying stuff. I just don't know what, or how involved it would be.
thanks for any thoughts.
tool to sniff out pids?
-
???
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:13 pm
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: tool to sniff out pids?
This stuff on can bus is not gm specific, so you probably can use the same tools. Otherwise if you know what you want you can use universal patchers logger tool and set up the filters so you get what you want and are not overwhelmed with data.
Even if you want vpw data universal patcher can show you the data, not so much for pid searching.
Even if you want vpw data universal patcher can show you the data, not so much for pid searching.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
???
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:13 pm
Re: tool to sniff out pids?
I'll go read thur the universal patcher thread.
thanks.
do you know how all these cheap scan tools get all their
pids? does someone sell that data to them?
thanks.
do you know how all these cheap scan tools get all their
pids? does someone sell that data to them?
-
hjtrbo
- Posts: 353
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:57 am
- cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET
Re: tool to sniff out pids?
Most are common, listed here;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBD-II_PIDs#Standard_PIDs
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBD-II_PIDs#Standard_PIDs
-
jakka
- Posts: 130
- Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:51 am
- cars: 6FPAAAJGSW9E86101
- Location: Aus
Re: tool to sniff out pids?
I've coded up a service 0x22 DID/PID briteforcer that will check for DIDs in mode 22 from 0x0000 to 0xFFFF, takes about 20 minutes to run. Https://GitHub.com/jakka351/GenericDiagnosticTool
-
Gatecrasher
- Posts: 435
- Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:09 pm
Re: tool to sniff out pids?
I started messing with that the other night. Pretty cool tool. Any chance you'll be adding multi-frame support to mode 22?
