Starting from scratch
-
Kevspec
- Posts: 243
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
- cars: Vs 215i grange
Starting from scratch
Hi there just a question I have a few cars coming up needing to be tune but until I have them here I do not know exact ecu setups. To my knowledge they are all 424 ecu in both vr and vs. My question is am I able to read the cars factory file with ose then with my gq flasher burn that into the chip and start from there?
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Starting from scratch
My answer is yes but I do have a flash chip on the memcal and don't know if that makes any difference. I used the OSE flash tool via the OBD plug.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Starting from scratch
I always started from scratch unless I have a combo that is the same or very close to use as a base to fine tune from.
-
Kevspec
- Posts: 243
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
- cars: Vs 215i grange
Re: Starting from scratch
i am trying to write to this ecu but does not seem to be working with what ever i load any help please
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Kevspec
- Posts: 243
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
- cars: Vs 215i grange
Re: Starting from scratch
Ok so turns out the chip I had on my nvram was no good causing all of my issues