Looking for single wire GMLAN arduino shield

Programs / Tools / Scripts
User avatar
Gatecrasher
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:09 pm

Looking for single wire GMLAN arduino shield

Post by Gatecrasher »

Does anyone know if such a thing exists? I know you can use a normal CAN interface and just tie the low line to ground if you want to do sniffing, but I'm looking for something that's capable of sending the high voltage wakeup pulse. The only capable general purpose tool I've been able to find so far is the OBDLink MX.
User avatar
kidturbo
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:15 am
cars: Nothing With Wheels

Re: Looking for single wire GMLAN arduino shield

Post by kidturbo »

I purchased this Hat for the Mega many years ago, it has dedicated single wire CAN port. But not sure they still make em.
https://store.evtv.me/products/arduinoduecanbus

And this one I know a few people who use. Also offers single wire port.
https://docs.macchina.cc/product-docume ... interfaces
Forum hearsay is a hypothesis, not a fact. MEMORY.md index updated. ~ Claude AI
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: Looking for single wire GMLAN arduino shield

Post by Tazzi »

Mouser had a GMLAN/SWCAN breakout board?
Can then always use some dupont wires to connect an arduino to it?

The macchina design was a bit flawed for their gmlan unfortunately.
They used an external CAN controller (mcp2515) which can occasionally lockup and require resetting to make it all happy again.
The reset pin was not attached to the main CPU so once it was in a bus OFF state, it could not be reset to fix.

I looked into using it as a scantool many years ago but came across that problem. Theres been several other arduino projects which address the buss off problem in MCP2515 controllers as well.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
geep
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:43 pm
cars: 60 ford falcon 07 grand prix 94 chevy swb ls swaped

Re: Looking for single wire GMLAN arduino shield

Post by geep »

does the obdx pro gt have the ability to send the high voltage wakeup pulse on the single wire can