I have a ton of junkyard modules and do some SPS programming on the side. I'm rather green at all of this but would like to get around the limit for swapping modules into other cars. As a tune shop sometimes we will get cars with just butchered or locked tunes and it would be nice to get a new module in with a fresh SPS flash.
https://gm-techlink.com/?p=11221
Could someone just point me to a good thread to read about getting around this? I don't mind putting in the work. I'm just a bit over my head in it right now.
Another thing I would love to be able to do is just get a stock file from the SPS library directly. But maybe that is for a different post. It would just be super handy to go back to stock first. With a lot of the later cars it's hard to find a matching stock file in a online repository.
Making use of used modules?
-
kelly
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:32 pm
-
Knackersjewels
- Posts: 155
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2022 10:24 am
- cars: Stock VZ SV6
Cammed VZ SV6 (sson to be 6L45 converted and twin turbo)
VY SS L98 ute
VZ V6 AWD One Tonner - Location: Maffra, Vic
Re: Making use of used modules?
Most of what you need can be done through techline
-
kelly
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:32 pm
Re: Making use of used modules?
Sorry I'm not sure what you mean. I cannot obtain a stock file via flashing through techline because I cannot get past the global A/security code requirement to program the PCM.
-
radrace19
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:51 pm
- cars: Pontiac G8 GXP
Re: Making use of used modules?
I think the code to program an older module to global A calibration is 6455 or 6544. I can't remember off hand.kelly wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2024 2:24 pm Sorry I'm not sure what you mean. I cannot obtain a stock file via flashing through techline because I cannot get past the global A/security code requirement to program the PCM.
I've programmed a 2010 Corvette E38 ECM to a 2010 Camaro which is global-A via techline.
Is that what your trying to do?
-
kelly
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:32 pm
Re: Making use of used modules?
So the code to be able to flash ALL Global A's to something else is the same or did you have to find that for each ECM?