11p 4l60e trans help needed
-
vp304
- Posts: 479
- Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 am
11p 4l60e trans help needed
I know im gonna get flammed for not taking a log of issue with my car but seems as i have been feeding a bit more power into my vr 4l60e it hits the limiter on the 2-3 change 2 to 3 times before changing when over say 80 per tps. All my other shift tables etc look good by what i can see but these tables below are these values normal what do they do etc?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: 11p 4l60e trans help needed
Something is wrong if they are the values displayed you using the correct xdf. Cold gearbox kickdown down and upshift tables ie when you stamp on the gas and it kicks down it uses those tables for the downshift and the upshift into the next gear
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: 11p 4l60e trans help needed
Manual downshift is doing the same but with the lever
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
Deuce
- Posts: 107
- Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:03 am
- cars: TUF355
Re: 11p 4l60e trans help needed
VR, 4l60e, hits limiter on the 2-3 shift.vp304 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2025 12:29 pm I know im gonna get flammed for not taking a log of issue with my car but seems as i have been feeding a bit more power into my vr 4l60e it hits the limiter on the 2-3 change 2 to 3 times before changing when over say 80 per tps. All my other shift tables etc look good by what i can see but these tables below are these values normal what do they do etc?
Mate, I could have written this myself. Actually, I think I did do a thread on it last year.
I think, basically the ECU is commanding the correct shift point, but due to the nature of high torque and high rpm shift point, the transmission struggles mechanically to make that shift.
I have a part on order (it's in the country and at my mates) that I am going to try which should help shifts at over 5600rpm.
To overcome the issue, I set the WOT 2-3 shift at a much lower road speed (maybe 15kph I think) to give it extra time to make the shift and still stay under low 6000rpm range.
I'll advise the part number when I get it.
In saying that, your shift tables displayed don't look right.
Try setting them the same as your base shift points and see.
-
Deuce
- Posts: 107
- Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:03 am
- cars: TUF355
Re: 11p 4l60e trans help needed
TRG-700-PKH
That's the part number for the kit which 'should' stabalise the 2-3 WOT shift.
Check back with me nearer the end of the year for conclusive results.
That's the part number for the kit which 'should' stabalise the 2-3 WOT shift.
Check back with me nearer the end of the year for conclusive results.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: 11p 4l60e trans help needed
Yeah values all shouldn't show the same numbers. Thats a huge red flag on that sanity check when working. It looks like you dont have your bin loaded in tunerpro, or some other incompatible bin, just the xdf maybe. something like that.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
vp304
- Posts: 479
- Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 am
Re: 11p 4l60e trans help needed
Deauce i saw your post from last year. Will check back end of year to see how you go with the TRG-700-PKH
Antus was some values in this bin when i got it that where all jibberish maybe this manual part of the tables i forgot to fix up / missed it.
Delcowizid I have what looks like decent auto shift maps car drives good in drive should i copy these and the hot to cold values over and see how i go you rekon ?
Antus was some values in this bin when i got it that where all jibberish maybe this manual part of the tables i forgot to fix up / missed it.
Delcowizid I have what looks like decent auto shift maps car drives good in drive should i copy these and the hot to cold values over and see how i go you rekon ?
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: 11p 4l60e trans help needed
Interesting. Seems to be the same in the vy flash tunes. Cold shift patterns are like that as well. And coolant temp activation for cold shift patterns are -40 deg c. I loaded up 11p and those manual shift tables definitely don’t look right though.