Is it possible to do pin 1 can 33.3 k baud gmlan low speed single wire with mongoose pro 2?
Anyone have a .xml file for that? The sample .xml for can works great for pin 6, 14 can gm high speed!
I know that my dps connects perfectly fine with gm low speed can using the same mongoose pro 2 cable!
Universal patcher master does not define CAN_3300 that’s part of the problem… what about pin Change ?
Universal patcher master j console xml script for GMlan
-
04colyZQ8
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
- cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion
-
gmtech825
- Posts: 301
- Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am
Re: Universal patcher master j console xml script for GMlan
did you try SW_CAN_PS for the protocol then set the pin to 0100?
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: Universal patcher master j console xml script for GMlan
I don't remember for sure but don't think ISO gmlan connections work? I've tried it with my own code and having issues.
For raw pin 1 gmlan.
Protocol=SW_CAN_PS
Baudrate = 33333
Set pins = 00000100
init,init bytes,periodic message is all blank. interval is defaulted to 3000 but not used since periodic is blank.
no filters for now.. Been awhile since i've used this for logging so not even 100% sure on setting them up.
For raw pin 1 gmlan.
Protocol=SW_CAN_PS
Baudrate = 33333
Set pins = 00000100
init,init bytes,periodic message is all blank. interval is defaulted to 3000 but not used since periodic is blank.
no filters for now.. Been awhile since i've used this for logging so not even 100% sure on setting them up.
-
04colyZQ8
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
- cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion
Re: Universal patcher master j console xml script for GMlan
"I don't remember for sure but don't think ISO gmlan connections work? I've tried it with my own code and having issues.
For raw pin 1 gmlan.
Protocol=SW_CAN_PS
Baudrate = 33333
Set pins = 00000100
init,init bytes,periodic message is all blank. interval is defaulted to 3000 but not used since periodic is blank.
no filters for now.. Been awhile since i've used this for logging so not even 100% sure on setting them up."
@iron duke you are correct, I think.. and gmtech825 you are also correct.. thanks you guys I give virtual beer!!!
It worked I think.. this is low speed right?
00 00 01 00
00 00 06 21 01 40 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 06 41 01 68 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 06 41 01 68 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 06 41 01 68 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 06 41 03 5A B0 40 00 00 00 00
00 00 06 41 03 5A B0 40 00 00 00 00
00 00 06 41 03 5A B0 40 00 00 00 00
00 00 01 01 FE 02 10 02 00 00 00 00
00 00 01 01 FE 02 10 02 00 00 00 00
00 00 01 01 FE 02 10 02 00 00 00 00
00 00 01 00
00 00 06 21 01 40 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 01 01 FE 02 10 02 00 00 00 00
00 00 06 41 03 7F 10 12 00 00 00 00
For raw pin 1 gmlan.
Protocol=SW_CAN_PS
Baudrate = 33333
Set pins = 00000100
init,init bytes,periodic message is all blank. interval is defaulted to 3000 but not used since periodic is blank.
no filters for now.. Been awhile since i've used this for logging so not even 100% sure on setting them up."
@iron duke you are correct, I think.. and gmtech825 you are also correct.. thanks you guys I give virtual beer!!!
It worked I think.. this is low speed right?
00 00 01 00
00 00 06 21 01 40 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 06 41 01 68 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 06 41 01 68 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 06 41 01 68 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 06 41 03 5A B0 40 00 00 00 00
00 00 06 41 03 5A B0 40 00 00 00 00
00 00 06 41 03 5A B0 40 00 00 00 00
00 00 01 01 FE 02 10 02 00 00 00 00
00 00 01 01 FE 02 10 02 00 00 00 00
00 00 01 01 FE 02 10 02 00 00 00 00
00 00 01 00
00 00 06 21 01 40 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 01 01 FE 02 10 02 00 00 00 00
00 00 06 41 03 7F 10 12 00 00 00 00
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: Universal patcher master j console xml script for GMlan
Yup, that is low speed with the settings you have..04colyZQ8 wrote: Tue Aug 12, 2025 12:24 pm "I don't remember for sure but don't think ISO gmlan connections work? I've tried it with my own code and having issues.
For raw pin 1 gmlan.
Protocol=SW_CAN_PS
Baudrate = 33333
Set pins = 00000100
init,init bytes,periodic message is all blank. interval is defaulted to 3000 but not used since periodic is blank.
no filters for now.. Been awhile since i've used this for logging so not even 100% sure on setting them up."
@iron duke you are correct, I think.. and gmtech825 you are also correct.. thanks you guys I give virtual beer!!!
It worked I think.. this is low speed right?
00 00 01 00 // wakeup message from scan tool?
00 00 06 21 01 40 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 06 41 01 68 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 06 41 01 68 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 06 41 01 68 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 06 41 03 5A B0 40 00 00 00 00 // BCM response from 1ab0 request
00 00 06 41 03 5A B0 40 00 00 00 00 // BCM response from 1ab0 request
00 00 06 41 03 5A B0 40 00 00 00 00 // BCM response from 1ab0 request
00 00 01 01 FE 02 10 02 00 00 00 00 // initiate diagnostics and disable dtc's
00 00 01 01 FE 02 10 02 00 00 00 00
00 00 01 01 FE 02 10 02 00 00 00 00
00 00 01 00 // wakeup message from scan tool?
00 00 06 21 01 40 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 01 01 FE 02 10 02 00 00 00 00
00 00 06 41 03 7F 10 12 00 00 00 00 // initiate diagnostics and disable dtc's BCM is refusing for some reason, error 12.. Might be because BCM is programmed, pushed dtc's out, etc on high speed?
-
gmtech825
- Posts: 301
- Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am
Re: Universal patcher master j console xml script for GMlan
that's interesting, I thought the logger I have been using for pin 1 was made by you? console app that allows selecting VPW, 6 and 14 or pin 1.ironduke wrote: Tue Aug 12, 2025 12:11 pm I don't remember for sure but don't think ISO gmlan connections work? I've tried it with my own code and having issues.
For raw pin 1 gmlan.
Protocol=SW_CAN_PS
Baudrate = 33333
Set pins = 00000100
init,init bytes,periodic message is all blank. interval is defaulted to 3000 but not used since periodic is blank.
no filters for now.. Been awhile since i've used this for logging so not even 100% sure on setting them up.
-
04colyZQ8
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
- cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion
Re: Universal patcher master j console xml script for GMlan
What address is the onstar module? The log was bench setup bcm and pcm only … bcm only works in high speed but does have basic low speed data
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: Universal patcher master j console xml script for GMlan
My program logs gmlan raw on all connections.. I don't believe I have a version out there with ISO15765 set up.. That's what I'm saying, I don't think I ever got pin 1 gmlan to ever connect with iso15765 connection, only raw cangmtech825 wrote: Tue Aug 12, 2025 2:34 pmthat's interesting, I thought the logger I have been using for pin 1 was made by you? console app that allows selecting VPW, 6 and 14 or pin 1.ironduke wrote: Tue Aug 12, 2025 12:11 pm I don't remember for sure but don't think ISO gmlan connections work? I've tried it with my own code and having issues.
For raw pin 1 gmlan.
Protocol=SW_CAN_PS
Baudrate = 33333
Set pins = 00000100
init,init bytes,periodic message is all blank. interval is defaulted to 3000 but not used since periodic is blank.
no filters for now.. Been awhile since i've used this for logging so not even 100% sure on setting them up.
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: Universal patcher master j console xml script for GMlan
Pretty sure that's going to be 64D04colyZQ8 wrote: Tue Aug 12, 2025 2:39 pm What address is the onstar module? The log was bench setup bcm and pcm only … bcm only works in high speed but does have basic low speed data
I have 0x90 and 0x97 as telematics ID response from a 1AB0 request..
-
gmtech825
- Posts: 301
- Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am
Re: Universal patcher master j console xml script for GMlan
whoops, my bad i get it now.ironduke wrote: Tue Aug 12, 2025 2:43 pmMy program logs gmlan raw on all connections.. I don't believe I have a version out there with ISO15765 set up.. That's what I'm saying, I don't think I ever got pin 1 gmlan to ever connect with iso15765 connection, only raw cangmtech825 wrote: Tue Aug 12, 2025 2:34 pmthat's interesting, I thought the logger I have been using for pin 1 was made by you? console app that allows selecting VPW, 6 and 14 or pin 1.ironduke wrote: Tue Aug 12, 2025 12:11 pm I don't remember for sure but don't think ISO gmlan connections work? I've tried it with my own code and having issues.
For raw pin 1 gmlan.
Protocol=SW_CAN_PS
Baudrate = 33333
Set pins = 00000100
init,init bytes,periodic message is all blank. interval is defaulted to 3000 but not used since periodic is blank.
no filters for now.. Been awhile since i've used this for logging so not even 100% sure on setting them up.