So a couple of posts popped up in a facebook group mentioning a plug & play e38 ecu with wideband/boost support this morning.
Did a bit of reading, Price was pretty cheap at $800usd so thought fuck it, will give it ago.
https://www.shop.rusefi.com/shop/p/pnp-e38
Now just waiting on ecu to arrive, then I'll have a play with 1 of my many E38 based cars, will start with a stock 6lt vz first, then i might have a play in my turbo vy before buying more.
https://github.com/rusefi/rusefi/wiki/GM-E38
RUSEFI E38
-
Tre-Cool
- Posts: 533
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 am
- cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car
- Location: Perth
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
-
Tre-Cool
- Posts: 533
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 am
- cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car
- Location: Perth
Re: RUSEFI E38
yeah, honestly i'll give anything a go.
I've been working with LINKECU on the 6l80e front & they have been out standing to work with, however going that way is a lot easier in a car your doing a conversion in & not using factory clusters and shit. similar to haltech stuff.
If this stuff works/tunes as well as the factory stuff i already do but can be installed in place on a VE-VF, camaro, corvette then bang for buck it's a no brainer.
I've been working with LINKECU on the 6l80e front & they have been out standing to work with, however going that way is a lot easier in a car your doing a conversion in & not using factory clusters and shit. similar to haltech stuff.
If this stuff works/tunes as well as the factory stuff i already do but can be installed in place on a VE-VF, camaro, corvette then bang for buck it's a no brainer.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: RUSEFI E38
Not a big fan of rus, though technically the EFI product is quite good. I prefer the ua variant. https://www.shop.rusefi.com/shop/p/uaef ... rdable-efi
(if you haven't picked it, I'm getting political and talking about countries. That they have an 'ultra affordable' is somewhat redeeming. If you want to talk about that subject PM me. I'll delete anything else from this thread no questions asked because i'm sure it'll get out of hand. Lets call that admins privilege).
(if you haven't picked it, I'm getting political and talking about countries. That they have an 'ultra affordable' is somewhat redeeming. If you want to talk about that subject PM me. I'll delete anything else from this thread no questions asked because i'm sure it'll get out of hand. Lets call that admins privilege).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
andbel
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2024 1:39 am
- cars: 2010 Tahoe
2011 HHR
2018 ATS - Location: JC, NJ, USA
-
andbel
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2024 1:39 am
- cars: 2010 Tahoe
2011 HHR
2018 ATS - Location: JC, NJ, USA
-
Tre-Cool
- Posts: 533
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 am
- cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car
- Location: Perth
Re: RUSEFI E38
i did see that the other day, nice one.
I've just done 12 days away for work, so have 10 off. Plan is to give the ecu a test run on the dyno with 1 of my cars.
I've also got some new e38 ecu connectors coming to rewire an e40 car.
I've just done 12 days away for work, so have 10 off. Plan is to give the ecu a test run on the dyno with 1 of my cars.
I've also got some new e38 ecu connectors coming to rewire an e40 car.