of course my IPC odometer shows ----- kms now:( I changed bcm vin but not the IPC.
Tried full reprogram SPS with same vin as bcm , reprogrammed IPC, but the VIN did not change, still old VIN.
Tried custom app to change kms it changed the bcm reported kms increased by 50kms (I manually typed this) I know this because GDS2 now reports 50 more kms same as my chevy app.. yet I didn't drive anywhere.. But the app gives an error when changing IPC side says BCM is locked, but I think it means the IPC is locked or the BCM to IPC vin missmatch.
Anyway around this apart from pulling it all apart and reading the most likely eeprom?
2015 GM chevy trax IPC odometer error after VIN missmatch
-
04colyZQ8
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
- cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: 2015 GM chevy trax IPC odometer error after VIN missmatch
Not 100% sure on a 2015 but on a 2017 the odometer is stored in the BCM and the ECM..
ECM doesn't seem to matter but I'm sure an issue will crop up at some point if it doesn't match.
BCM odo is stored in the eeprom section, I just use IO prog to change it and then blank out the odo in the ecm bin and then use a 3b command to write it.
I have no idea what changing the vin on some modules but not others will do in the long run..
All you changed in the BCM was the vin number and the checksum? Nothing else?
ECM doesn't seem to matter but I'm sure an issue will crop up at some point if it doesn't match.
BCM odo is stored in the eeprom section, I just use IO prog to change it and then blank out the odo in the ecm bin and then use a 3b command to write it.
I have no idea what changing the vin on some modules but not others will do in the long run..
All you changed in the BCM was the vin number and the checksum? Nothing else?
-
04colyZQ8
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
- cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion
Re: 2015 GM chevy trax IPC odometer error after VIN missmatch
Yes just vin and checksum but ipc stores vin likely need to match
-
04colyZQ8
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
- cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion
Re: 2015 GM chevy trax IPC odometer error after VIN missmatch
Fixed the VIN is still mis matched but I reset the MEC using 1A A0 FF then when I used my odometer millage app it actually worked, and the IPC is not locked and gives the correct kms now, and counting up!
The app was crashing trying to unlock the IPC, it was giving it the wrong key, maybe the app is from a different platfrom? Anyway of course the seed and key are 00 00 now since the MEC > 0. So it just worked!!
The app was crashing trying to unlock the IPC, it was giving it the wrong key, maybe the app is from a different platfrom? Anyway of course the seed and key are 00 00 now since the MEC > 0. So it just worked!!