Doesn't get more custom than starting from scratch.
Beta download- viewtopic.php?t=8910
Done quite a bit of bench testing.
All open loop and minimal modifier tables, and minimal table switching. Minimal meaning zero table switching, just doesn't exist here. No separate cranking spark or fuel for example.
I've put off any further development until I get test results, whether my own or somebody else.
Output circuits are simple, inputs circuits are, less so. I have a functioning circuit I'm happy with for each coil and injector driver, unless engine tests show that's somehow inadequate. My input circuits... are dumb as hell. Just resistor voltage dividers. Good enough for careful testing, but non-existent over voltage protection.
Looking for testers, and somebody to help with a better tuning UI. Open to help with board design/component selection.
Any time I tried making progress with integrating support for existing logging or tuning software, I got nowhere with it. And having serial enabled at all on this thing slows it down unreasonably so, even if I don't send any serial data. If that can be resolved, should be simple enough to send a minimal (concise) amount of logging data to work with, in a way that's relatively child's play for people that make scratch built windows/linux programs for fun or whatever, to make a nice laptop tuning interface. Whether it's every fraction of a second or every revolution, ADC readings, RPM. With the lack of modifier tables, don't need much data. "Wideband says lean at x RPM, let me add more at that point in VE." I suppose some tuners would want to know the fuel and spark it's calculating for reassurance. Should be doable either way.
I understand logical concepts enough to tell ChatGPT what I wanted out of the code, try a few times with each block of code, tell it to fuck off and quit being stupid sometimes, and eventually get what I needed without bloat. Then I'd make some process of elimination style decisions to integrate the new block into the project. The bilinear interpolation, I did manually (ChatGPT found a typo I made in that though), and I had to do the updated pulse handler entirely manually because ChatGPT just would not give me anything usable for that, no matter how hard I tried. Luckily that wasn't really that hard with what I already had at that point.
The most custom ECU code
-
AngelMarc
- Posts: 612
- Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
- cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.
The most custom ECU code
Don't stress specific units.