https://www.haltech.com/product/ht-2308 ... dbzYHbZib4
The NVRAM is working for me, but interesting that Haltech is offering a delco plug in.
Haltech Delco VN plug in ecu
-
Vrv8hz
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:33 pm
-
seabreeze
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:13 am
- cars: VN Buick V6, VS Ecotec Utility, VE SSV L98 Utility
Re: Haltech Delco VN plug in ecu
Their gm platinum sport was discontinued for ages. They probably saw the resurgence in VN onwards and demand to be able to easily tune them.
Tunerpro plus NVRAM is super powerful but i can understand demand for a simpler plug n play alternative. Not cheap though!
Tunerpro plus NVRAM is super powerful but i can understand demand for a simpler plug n play alternative. Not cheap though!
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Haltech Delco VN plug in ecu
And only for 808 replacement, not 424 (VR/VS with 4L60e).
This is the video they dropped,
https://youtu.be/afjYomIwIfY?si=4T84p9IHZEJUhsWS
This is the video they dropped,
https://youtu.be/afjYomIwIfY?si=4T84p9IHZEJUhsWS
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Haltech Delco VN plug in ecu
I was under the impression they always had a drop in ECU for the VN-VP, but I never noticed they dropped them and released a newer one.
Their original ECU was very basic and limited and I recall they had issues with the crank triggering dropping out which is what Haltec was known for back then ironically given their name
But these looks heaps better on paper than the original offering and a looks like a good worthy replacement for the 808 once they all dry up.
Their original ECU was very basic and limited and I recall they had issues with the crank triggering dropping out which is what Haltec was known for back then ironically given their name
But these looks heaps better on paper than the original offering and a looks like a good worthy replacement for the 808 once they all dry up.
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Haltech Delco VN plug in ecu
Wow that is a great looking unit. Takes the fun out of spending months playing around with an OE Delco.
-
barana
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:35 am
- cars: mitz L300
holdens i have owned
TD,TE TG gemini
HBII LC4 UC x2 torana
VH Commodore
EH Special
Re: Haltech Delco VN plug in ecu
Well, fork me. $2.5k....
Shows up how shitty their earlier product line are in comparison to a plainjane delco with a 68hc11 powering it are.... all glitz and glam and no delco/11p powa...
Ok ok ill take it out to the backyard...
Shows up how shitty their earlier product line are in comparison to a plainjane delco with a 68hc11 powering it are.... all glitz and glam and no delco/11p powa...
Ok ok ill take it out to the backyard...
"Its alright for god, he doesnt drive a kingswood.Even the nuns only have toranas"-Ted Bullpit
Me:yeah,corse,God's a Holden man
Mate:wha?
Me:Psalm 83:15 so pursue them with your Tempest and terrify them with your Storm.
A Holden & A pontiac
Me:yeah,corse,God's a Holden man
Mate:wha?
Me:Psalm 83:15 so pursue them with your Tempest and terrify them with your Storm.
A Holden & A pontiac
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Haltech Delco VN plug in ecu
One thing that has me wondering about and a major factor for myself to ever switch to aftermarket, is that I didn''t see or heard about an option to have the ECU do the ignition work, I bloody hope it can for that price.
I'd want to be able to have something more or less plug and play, but with the option to wire in and run LS coils if needed and ditch the DFI as they are getting hard to find used or NOS (The new Delphi units are complete garbage) Only new AC delco (from US only which cost about 400 AUD) used factory AC delco ones from the wrecker, or NOS units (also I've only found in the US) Once all of them dry up, then an aftermarket solution is makes good sense. So this ECU better have that option. I saw no mention on the video other than the the factory ignition. I can only assume that it's capable, but probably not in it's default plug and play form.
I'd want to be able to have something more or less plug and play, but with the option to wire in and run LS coils if needed and ditch the DFI as they are getting hard to find used or NOS (The new Delphi units are complete garbage) Only new AC delco (from US only which cost about 400 AUD) used factory AC delco ones from the wrecker, or NOS units (also I've only found in the US) Once all of them dry up, then an aftermarket solution is makes good sense. So this ECU better have that option. I saw no mention on the video other than the the factory ignition. I can only assume that it's capable, but probably not in it's default plug and play form.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Haltech Delco VN plug in ecu
Doesn't look like it and probably won't as they will try and push you to one of their other universal Nexus ECU's.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Haltech Delco VN plug in ecu
Probably best to make up one of Holden202Ts Speeduino in a Delco case for max flexibility. But it's self build so it literally means de-soldering the connector from an 808 and assembling your own PCM from parts and components. The idea is very much at the opposite end of the spectrum to plug n play. To be honest, it probably is worth changing the connector on the loom for cases where 12p and the Haltech don't support the hardware/trigger/ignition type needed.
I like that they didn't push the ability to support boost over factory or anything like that. They are obviously very aware that 12p is well known and in wide use and being able to run boost on the ECM is not the key driver for most to get their solution. Its the ease of use. The car versions and notes and ticks and crosses had a very 12p hardware guide first two pages feel to it too. No problem with that, the information is right. Hi Haltech if you're reading!
I like that they didn't push the ability to support boost over factory or anything like that. They are obviously very aware that 12p is well known and in wide use and being able to run boost on the ECM is not the key driver for most to get their solution. Its the ease of use. The car versions and notes and ticks and crosses had a very 12p hardware guide first two pages feel to it too. No problem with that, the information is right. Hi Haltech if you're reading!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Haltech Delco VN plug in ecu
I think those factory plugs are available somewhere, I know they are the micropak 100 series iirc. So for speeduino, a completely new ECU should be possible, unsoldering heavy duty connectors and components are a huge PITA in my experience and I'd rather start with a new plug for ease of building it.