PCM (1999) VORTEC Black Box 09360625 (CMUH) OS: 9365085
I'm beginning to understand the challenge of the VORTEC Back Box. I was able to copy the bin using PCMHammer 2.00, would not copy entire bin PCMHammer 021. Opening it in Universal Patcher I receive the message as in the attached picture, the drop down tables are blank. (FYI bin attached)
Both PCMHammer and Universal Patcher, are new to me. I do have Tuner Pro RT but obviously can't locate the proper XDF file for this pcm.
Can someone point me in the correct direction to work with this black box, only looking to delete VATS and downs stream O2 for now.
VORTEC Black Box loading in Universal Patcher
-
barnfind
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:41 pm
- cars: 34 Chevy, 33Chevy, 66 Nova, 37Chevy
VORTEC Black Box loading in Universal Patcher
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by barnfind on Fri Feb 27, 2026 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: VORTEC Black Box loading in Universal Patcher
Did you copy all the files out of the universal patcher zip? it looks like you clicked in to the zip and clicked the exe file and its running from a temp dir without all the xml definitions available to it.
Having said that I am not sure if it has vats off in it, yet. But I would expect it to do more than that.
Having said that I am not sure if it has vats off in it, yet. But I would expect it to do more than that.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
barnfind
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:41 pm
- cars: 34 Chevy, 33Chevy, 66 Nova, 37Chevy
Re: VORTEC Black Box loading in Universal Patcher
Thanks for the reply....I also ran a 411 PCM through the same process (and apps) and the all of the drop down tables loaded correctly and it works correctly. When I switch to the black box the mentioned situation occurs. From what I have been reading the black box is a challenge, can't locate an xdf which would allow me to use Tuner Pro.
-
barnfind
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:41 pm
- cars: 34 Chevy, 33Chevy, 66 Nova, 37Chevy
Re: VORTEC Black Box loading in Universal Patcher
Curious ...was anyone able to open that attached bin in Universal Patcher?
I tried it on a couple different PC's without luck.
I tried it on a couple different PC's without luck.
-
kur4o
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am
Re: VORTEC Black Box loading in Universal Patcher
Currently only checksums are available in universal patcher.
Last time I looked at it blackbox disassembly, DTCs were hardcoded in OS and not possible to list them.
Vats can be an easy add if we have a enough different bins to test on, and some example bins with VATS on and VATS off.
Last time I looked at it blackbox disassembly, DTCs were hardcoded in OS and not possible to list them.
Vats can be an easy add if we have a enough different bins to test on, and some example bins with VATS on and VATS off.
-
sparepartsblazer
- Posts: 90
- Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:18 am
- Location: Missouri
Re: VORTEC Black Box loading in Universal Patcher
I posted some xml files to load the black box in UP.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: VORTEC Black Box loading in Universal Patcher
That would be here I think viewtopic.php?p=135775#p135775
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
barnfind
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:41 pm
- cars: 34 Chevy, 33Chevy, 66 Nova, 37Chevy
Re: VORTEC Black Box loading in Universal Patcher
Thank guys...applying XML files is a few layers above my abilities.
-
sparepartsblazer
- Posts: 90
- Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:18 am
- Location: Missouri
Re: VORTEC Black Box loading in Universal Patcher
You just copy them to the tuner folder inside the Universal Patcher folder
-
barnfind
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:41 pm
- cars: 34 Chevy, 33Chevy, 66 Nova, 37Chevy
Re: VORTEC Black Box loading in Universal Patcher
OK thanks!sparepartsblazer wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2026 3:03 am You just copy them to the tuner folder inside the Universal Patcher folder