E67 + T68 as standalone transmission controller

E38 E92 and many others. Approximately 2007 and newer
zcomputerwiz
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2025 11:27 am

E67 + T68 as standalone transmission controller

Post by zcomputerwiz »

Hi all.

I have the harnesses and computers from different GM vehicles that I would like to use in a project car. From what I gather it isn't possible to program the T68 to work the 5L50e on it's own, so I was curious if the E67 can be reprogrammed to monitor the engine speed density info with MAP, TPS, RPM, etc. and use that to feed the TCM whatever CANBUS info it is expecting.

The Jaguar v12 engine I want to use has it's own analog EFI and ignition system, so the E67 would only be needed to collect this information for the T68 to make the 5L50e transmission function. I'm not sure what all would be involved in disabling all the various limp modes and error codes in both modules, or if this is even possible.

I do not know the original VINs these came from, or even what vehicles. I can provide any codes or pictures of the stickers on the units if that helps.

I have some familiarity with very limited reverse engineering in Python and Java applications, do some Arduino programming and know what JTAG is etc., but I'm otherwise new to hardware and firmware hacking.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
-z
ocerrr
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2024 10:25 pm
cars: bmw e60 m5, e87 1er
benz cls63 w219, slk r170
audi q7 v12 tdi
caddy cts-v cts escalade
ford explorer 1gen
nissan c34 laurel
toyota jz80 ls3 swap

Re: E67 + T68 as standalone transmission controller

Post by ocerrr »

use a maxxecu to control the engine and mate it to a 8hp70 transsmision is the best solution I think.
what is the original gearbox for your jag?