bin not sticking after write

American Delco GM ECUs and PCMs, ALDL, OBD 1.5.
GManT005
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2026 3:13 am
cars: 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe (daily)
1986 Nissan 300ZX (project)

bin not sticking after write

Post by GManT005 »

Hey im having this odd issue when I write to the PCM it will write fine, and if I read the entire bin its the same one. but after I disconnect the programmer set the car to off and try to start it after 30 seconds it doesn't start, if I wait about 5-10 minutes or unhook the battery it will start, but when I read the tune its the original one none of the settings stay (to test I just increased idle rpm by 200 across the table).
Its on an 01 Tahoe OS 12208322 with a vxdiag vcx fd using the pass though for programing. I flashed it with the PCM in my car everything off battery voltage at 12.3.

Im new to this so I might be overlooking something, and I can supply logs and bin files if needed.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10013
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: bin not sticking after write

Post by antus »

Sounds like your flashing the original file in. It cant "shadow flash" (made that term up) a bin that reverts back, its not possible. Unless your doing test write, but you should know that. If you need more help give more details. pcm hammer version, debug log. and from your description validate an original bin and what your writing so we can see the checksums to prove they're really different.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396