Switching maps in 12P advice needed
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Switching maps in 12P advice needed
Thanks to the efforts of the orange man like others may have decided to use the 12P feature of map switching so I can leave my std maps for running 98 and switch to a lower timing map for 91 so I don't destroy my engine and still drive the car. From what I read it's just a matter of grounding the ECU pin B9 to swap to the maps labelled B. Is it that simple?
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Switching maps in 12P advice needed
Yes it is. Just need to make sure you've copied map a items to map b items so they have something sain in there, then update any a or b table as you see fit.
You can change between map a and map b while the engine is running and see which one is active in the data logs.
You can change between map a and map b while the engine is running and see which one is active in the data logs.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Switching maps in 12P advice needed
Thanks for the info. I figured I'd have to put logical data in all the B maps. It's the ignition map that I plan to make changes to by dropping the timing a few degrees to then be able to still drive the car till the fuel fiasco drops. I'll look at my EVO high and low octane maps to use as a guide.