OBDLink MX+

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
tuning_noob
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2026 4:21 am
cars: 2018 silverado LT 4x4
2025 jeep GCL
1983 c10 - swapping 02 5.3 and 4l80e - this is why i'm here

OBDLink MX+

Post by tuning_noob »

    So just getting into this and I’m stumped. I have an mx+. I cannot for the life of me to keep it connected to my PC without using OBDwiz. I’m using windows 10 on a cheap laptop. I also could not get it to stay connected on my desktop that has 11 on it and same thing. Is there a way to assign a port or something I’m missing maybe?

    History on how I got here:

    I had a topdon rlink x3 that did work. It took 3 hrs to read the file at 0.79 kbps. So it went back.

    Both this guy. Have been at this for a week now. No luck.

    For all stateside folks myself included, there are more OBDx Pro GT available. Bought one today.

    I would still really like to document this, so if anyone needs an alternative later it’s a way to go. I can prove as we go etc.
    User avatar
    Gatecrasher
    Posts: 435
    Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:09 pm

    Re: OBDLink MX+

    Post by Gatecrasher »

    I've run into the same problem with bench testing. If I'm not actively sending and receiving packets, it goes to sleep and disconnects. OBDWiz probably has some kind of keepalive ping or something.

    Mine is an older OBDLink MX, but the MX+ should have the same setting. Try this:

    STSLU off

    This setting is saved to EEPROM, so it's retained across power cycles. You run the risk of draining the battery if you leave it plugged into a car.

    You can turn it back on with STSLU on.