This is my first public release of any sort. i'm not a programmer, i just wanted to do shit easily & the tool for my Ixxit cable was very limited.
So I started throwing requests at claude & it's come up with this tool.
I've been using it to scan various vehicles, devices to build some dbc files from the logged data.
I also use it to playback logs to a Dash simulator that im working on, analyze recorded or live traffic after DBC files are generated to better see what's going on. This makes uses of HJ's tcp/ip playback method to my dash simulator & then uses the ixxit cable directly to my physical dash.
I've added in support for the OBDX & generic J2534 devices. Obviously you need to have the drivers installed/registered.
Also have Transmit capability, if you load a dbc file you can select what you want to transmit onto the bus. im a simple man, i want to clicky clicky not type stuff in.
Playing back to gauges
Source - https://github.com/TorqueUpTech/Ultimate-CAN-Scanner
Compiled exe - https://github.com/TorqueUpTech/Ultimat ... tag/v0.1.0
Let me know, complaints, suggestions im all ears.
Dave
Ultimate CAN Scanner
-
Tre-Cool
- Posts: 533
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 am
- cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car
- Location: Perth
Ultimate CAN Scanner
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
MPC001
- Posts: 174
- Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:41 am
Re: Ultimate CAN Scanner
Playing with this with OBDXPro & it's very impressive. Best I have ever used in 15+ years of GM CAN scanning.
Certainly earns the "Ultimate" tag. Well done. DBC integration is awesome
.
Certainly earns the "Ultimate" tag. Well done. DBC integration is awesome
-
hjtrbo
- Posts: 353
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:57 am
- cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET
Re: Ultimate CAN Scanner
Claude for the win on front end design. They've really done a good job tuning the ai slop out of the models now. Good job on steering it, a very good outcome!
-
Tre-Cool
- Posts: 533
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 am
- cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car
- Location: Perth
Re: Ultimate CAN Scanner
yeah im impressed with myself & ai's coding ability.
I've been constantly adding new features too it on request & for doing my Display testing. I run 2 apps side by side & using the tcp connection can send data out as GM CAN signal data out & get Nissan CAN data on the 2nd app or vis a vis. This allows me to quickly do my simulator & hardware testing all in 1 without the need for running it against physical hardware.
Or i do tcp connection & hardware cable
I've been constantly adding new features too it on request & for doing my Display testing. I run 2 apps side by side & using the tcp connection can send data out as GM CAN signal data out & get Nissan CAN data on the 2nd app or vis a vis. This allows me to quickly do my simulator & hardware testing all in 1 without the need for running it against physical hardware.
Or i do tcp connection & hardware cable