haltech e6x
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
haltech e6x
I know this is a bit of an odd request, but does anyone have a working haltech e6x sitting on the shelf or at the bottom of a parts bucket they could spare? My track car has had one it's whole life and I am ready to move on from that car and its not a runner. It would be better if it was. I am pretty sure the ECM is at fault. I could replace it with many more modern systems, or 12p, but Its not worth the time and effort to do the electrics and re-tune. I'd prefer to just swap the ECM for the same thing, re-load the prior tune and have a runner.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
themr.m
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2026 6:42 am
- cars: EK3
Re: haltech e6x
Is your E6X still can connect to laptop using halwin.exe? If still can connect to laptop, there hope to diy replace burn CPLD chip. E6X common problem is CPLD burn out.. I try to read out the CPLD program, but the chip only one can be write and cannot be read back. So I remove the CPLD chip and replace with conversional logic gate. It work but fussy work. If you interested I will dig my old note. But if E6X cannot connect to software then it difference story.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: haltech e6x
yes it can be connected, and it looks like its all working from the data log. just seems to have ignition problems. I havn't been able to pinpoint exactly what. The injector signal looks like it's there and looks about right, as do the input signals and rpm trace, but I think one or more of the output drivers must be bad. I have destroyed them in the past, and replaced a transistor many years ago but this time that chip looks ok still and I can't see or smell any physical damage on the PCB.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
themr.m
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2026 6:42 am
- cars: EK3
Re: haltech e6x
Here the circuit for troubleshooting.. if U3 is ok for ignition out. Maybe U22 is the problem. Try check IG signal first to confirm.
.

If tested no ignition signal IG1,2,3,4 out from CPLD pin44,45,46,47 it pretty sure the U3 ic is faulty. Can be modify to make it running again. But the catch is it lose ability to change ignition and injector setup programmatically in Halwin.exe software. Like mine e6x running for evo 4g63, so circuit modify to run only in waste spark. And injector run in batch/multipoint cannot run in sequential.
.
.
I'm used Quad OR or NAND Gate replacing U3 - CPLD

.
These I used TH and IC base so next time it burn I can easily change the Gate IC

.
These I used Arduino to make it run sequential injector, but cannot find the source code.

.

.
Download clear image:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/n7gezkd9 ... y.rar/file
Later I post the Gate IC circuit..
.

If tested no ignition signal IG1,2,3,4 out from CPLD pin44,45,46,47 it pretty sure the U3 ic is faulty. Can be modify to make it running again. But the catch is it lose ability to change ignition and injector setup programmatically in Halwin.exe software. Like mine e6x running for evo 4g63, so circuit modify to run only in waste spark. And injector run in batch/multipoint cannot run in sequential.
.
.
I'm used Quad OR or NAND Gate replacing U3 - CPLD

.
These I used TH and IC base so next time it burn I can easily change the Gate IC

.
These I used Arduino to make it run sequential injector, but cannot find the source code.

.

.
Download clear image:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/n7gezkd9 ... y.rar/file
Later I post the Gate IC circuit..
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: haltech e6x
Cool, thanks I'll take a look. I am running sequential ignition and wasted spark like that, with LS1 coils and the pair of triggers wired in parallel, no other mods, just parallel connection.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
themr.m
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2026 6:42 am
- cars: EK3
Re: haltech e6x
.antus wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2026 1:17 am Cool, thanks I'll take a look. I am running sequential ignition and wasted spark like that, with LS1 coils and the pair of triggers wired in parallel, no other mods, just parallel connection.
Nice, if your injector signal all good. Maybe can just bend up or disconnect CPLD pin legs for Ignition only and connect to Gate IC.

-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: haltech e6x
Thanks for the info and ideas. I did see an ignition signal on the scope but it was a long time ago now and I don't know if I checked all the channels. I am sure spark is good. And all the injectors are clicking loudly with momentay 12v applied. I am not sure if I have the skills to do the modifiction, but I've got the info now and will consider it. I am still looking to buy a working e6x if someone sees this and has one on the shelf. I've got mine dug out and in front of me. I can see 2 ICs replaced in the past, and a transistor on the bottom. That must be from last time I blew it up probably 15 years ago, but Haltech were nice enough to ID the component and send spare parts are contacting them. I guess they were smaller then and could do that stuff, but I still give them kudos for that - most companies would not have.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: haltech e6x
pics to add to the info here.
Small 3 pin SMD transistor in the top pick with... very manual looking slightly non-straight install tests ok.
Chip at the top right hand side and bottom right hand side of pic 2 that looks like they were soldered were probably replaced at the same time, though memory is hazy. It has worked many times since those fixes were made.
I cant see any new damage outside of that.
Small 3 pin SMD transistor in the top pick with... very manual looking slightly non-straight install tests ok.
Chip at the top right hand side and bottom right hand side of pic 2 that looks like they were soldered were probably replaced at the same time, though memory is hazy. It has worked many times since those fixes were made.
I cant see any new damage outside of that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
themr.m
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2026 6:42 am
- cars: EK3
Re: haltech e6x
.antus wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2026 9:44 am pics to add to the info here.
Small 3 pin SMD transistor in the top pick with... very manual looking slightly non-straight install tests ok.
Chip at the top right hand side and bottom right hand side of pic 2 that looks like they were soldered were probably replaced at the same time, though memory is hazy. It has worked many times since those fixes were made.
I cant see any new damage outside of that.
.
Yes these also can be the culprit, if all ignition signal at 4 resistor in picture below is ok. sure it IPS024G and the some how haltech using single transistor or mosfet for IG1 driver. Also I check local here people still selling these E6X, but average $200 - $300 not include international shipping fee. If you want I can get their contact and PM to you.
.
.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.