I’m having an issue with my factory supercharged VT-VX since I have converted it to manual it won’t actually change in the actual gear from 1st gear(in log from data tracing gear selected air flow), which is in turn giving me some idle & driving air flow issues & possibly more issues that I haven’t even noticed!
I’m pretty sure there is an option or setting to change the actual/desired gear at certain speeds, I’ve tried modifying the gear ratio settings to suit getrag box (which is in it) & the gear ratio errors, but still no luck.
So my guess is there is a flag or option to force speed gear settings or something? As it has no electronic box to tell it what gear it’s in?
Any help or ideas would be great!
Thanks VX L67 Getrag
VT-VX Manual Conversion
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: VT-VX Manual Conversion
The gear display in the data stream is from the solenoid status and the auto trans code so prob wont be seeing that change now with the manual trans flag set. Would need to mod the data stream to include the manual trans gear (worked out from the ratios and RPM).
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: VT-VX Manual Conversion
The only way I noticed it's staying in first gear & not working by ratio & rpm is when I use the data tracing on the air flow delta vs gear table it stays in the first gear column & not using the air flow delta's in any other column according to the data tracing anyway?
Is there a better way to make sure I have my gear ratio vs rpm set correctly?
Is there a better way to make sure I have my gear ratio vs rpm set correctly?