WTB VT and Earlier memcal programming adapter
-
Muncie
- Posts: 231
- Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:15 am
- cars: Vy commodore, Turbo Ecotec v6
- Location: New Zealand Waikato
WTB VT and Earlier memcal programming adapter
Been looking for VT mainly but wouldn't mind earlier one too if anyone has some gear they want to move on. Ive been looking online and cant find anything that'll ship to NZ if they do they want 50usd for privilege.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: WTB VT and Earlier memcal programming adapter
Mr Module has them here. Not sure if that's where you cant post to NZ: https://mrmodule.com.au/product/memcal-adaptor-kit/
Alternatively you can get a piece of vero board and a 2.54mm single row header male from online market places or a local electronics shop and make something up like this. I've had a pair of these, one for 28pin one for 32pin since I started doing delcos and it's not pretty but its functional (though through these high res pics I see I might need to touch up a couple of those connections before next use). Had to put the top row slightly above the board and come in from the side to put the solder on the top side of the board as its not double sided, and run a knife through the traces down the middle to keep the two halves independant of each other.
Alternatively you can get a piece of vero board and a 2.54mm single row header male from online market places or a local electronics shop and make something up like this. I've had a pair of these, one for 28pin one for 32pin since I started doing delcos and it's not pretty but its functional (though through these high res pics I see I might need to touch up a couple of those connections before next use). Had to put the top row slightly above the board and come in from the side to put the solder on the top side of the board as its not double sided, and run a knife through the traces down the middle to keep the two halves independant of each other.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: WTB VT and Earlier memcal programming adapter
The1 was selling these a long time ago, not sure if he still has stock?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
VTXU8
- Posts: 149
- Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:12 am
Re: WTB VT and Earlier memcal programming adapter
If you haven't already try these guys justcomm.com.au or https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/185106119619